Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Prothrombim Time/INR in Aruba

Anyone know the procedure for getting a PT/INR test in Aruba? I've just been put on Coumadin & am schedules to be in Aruba for 2 weeks in Sept. I see that the Public Health Lab does the test, but how do you contact them? Any idea of the cost?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.landslab.org/
    http://www.landslab.org/location/index.html
    could you contact them and ask?

or
    upon arriving in aruba, make a visit to the hospital to make the inquiry of their lab services.
    or
    the resort house doctor could write up an order for the test and contact you with the results.

cost, out of pocket including the doctor getting involved may cost you out of pocket a guesstimate of $100 - $150. maybe less.

as for the receipt in English so you cans submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement.

QUOTE=PGinWA;231578]Anyone know the procedure for getting a PT/INR test in Aruba? I've just been put on Coumadin & am schedules to be in Aruba for 2 weeks in Sept. I see that the Public Health Lab does the test, but how do you contact them? Any idea of the cost?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by PGinWA View Post
    Anyone know the procedure for getting a PT/INR test in Aruba? I've just been put on Coumadin & am schedules to be in Aruba for 2 weeks in Sept. I see that the Public Health Lab does the test, but how do you contact them? Any idea of the cost?

Thanks
    Hi

My wife is a cancer patient and being on Warfarin had to have INR testing done here. I called the hospital and explained the situation. I was given info on the blood lab and the name of the doctor here who would assist if required. She went to the lab at the hospital for the INR tests and they were slightly less than $20. I am not sure if this would be the same for you, but I encourage you to call them. The hospital has changed its telephone number from the one shown at the front of the telephone book. Here is the number, just ask to be connected to the blood lab and tell them what you need. They will give you a price over the phone. They are open 7:00 till 4:00pm Tel is 527 4000

Hope this assists you
    Last edited by aquaman; 08-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you john for your very helpful info to the original poster!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi

My wife is a cancer patient and being on Warfarin had to have INR testing done here. I called the hospital and explained the situation. I was given info on the blood lab and the name of the doctor here who would assist if required. She went to the lab at the hospital for the INR tests and they were slightly less than $20. I am not sure if this would be the same for you, but I encourage you to call them. The hospital has changed its telephone number from the one shown at the front of the telephone book. Here is the number, just ask to be connected to the blood lab and tell them what you need. They will give you a price over the phone. They are open 7:00 till 4:00pm Tel is 527 4000

Hope this assists you

When I asked the cardiologist " what do we do when out of the country?" He said he'd give my DH samples of pradaxa.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you john for your very helpful info to the original poster!

Andrea

I should point out that the cost I mentioned was just the blood tests. Doctor review can add up to another $100. In the case of my wife, her doctors at home just asked us to fax or scan/email the results from the lab