Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: "Puppies Saved from sure death" need homes soon.

Aruba since 1979

"Puppies Saved from sure death" need homes soon.

Our dear member "SUGAR" aka Kathy and some of her friends rescued several (17!!) young pups from a shelter that euthanizes them due to overcrowding.

Kathy has sent me photos but i cannot get them posted. the internet here at lacabana is so slow, it times out. i will email some photos to arubalisa and if she has a chance, maybe she can post the photos. if not, maybe stella and kathy could post.

It apparently is 4 or so litters of pups.
    they all might be about 5 wks old
    they are cute as can be.
    apparently they are healthy and in care right now w/ foster homes and vet office.

anyway, Kathy will post info about adoptions and transport.
    she will also post about the overpopulation of dogs and what happens behind the scenes. there are many many people who work hard trying to save these animals.

one of the things that many folks throughout this wide world do not agree on is the importance of neutering and spaying. if animals were spayed and neutered, this over population would be a non issue.

thanks to ARF aruba, these cuties have been "saved".
    i also will ask kathy to post the Animal Rights Foundation Aruba website.

Sorry if I missed it but are these puppies in the U.S. or Aruba?

Aruba since 1979
    these are aruba pups, very much looking forward to living an easier life in the usa or canada

Aruba since 1979
    http://arf-aruba.com/adoptions/

here is the "new" website.

they do marvelous work for the animals in aruba.

(we all know that there are plenty of animals in the usa and canada that need adoption...if you are thinking of adopting an animal, have room in your house and heart, check out your local shelter/humane society or consider an aruba pet)

Arrow Rescued Puppies

Is there any sort of quarantine procedure on puppies once they arrive on U.S. soil?

As usual, let me know if I can help with transport to the US. I don't have any long stretches of time off but I do have a few days here and there.

Aruba since 1979
    nope
    none

they arrive with basic shots and vet certificate of good health.

Quote Originally Posted by milocoman View Post
    Is there any sort of quarantine procedure on puppies once they arrive on U.S. soil?

Although I have been aware that the Aruba government provides a large cage adjacent to the animal shelter where residents can deposit unwanted animals, I have never had the courage to go inside. the verterinary services comes daily to kill these animals. The Aurba animal shelter, www.arubaanimalshelter.org is not associated with this cage. However, the volunteers will go in and remove healthy animals if they have space in the shelter.
    On Tuesday there was an article in the Diario about the kill cage with disturbing pictures taken by a young local boy. Although the article was incorrect where they placed the blame, it was heartbreaking.
    On Wednesday I was at the shelter to help a tourist choose a puppy They volunteers told me there were 17 beautiful puppies in the kill cage. Knowing this, I could not leave them. the volunteer removed them from the cage and I brought them to the vet.
    In July Cheryl removed 9 pups from the kill cage. The first week of August a tourist removed 5 pups and brought them to New York (www.projectpetinc.org.) A toltal of 31 pups were taken from there in a month. There are also dogs, cats and kittens disposed of in the cages.
    There are several organizations on the island trying to help the animals, but Aruba needs a large sterilization program. We are just putting a bandaid on a very big problem.
    The volunteers of Animal Rights Aruba (www.animalrightsaruba.com) work hard for reforms for the rights of all animals.
    The puppies will be ready to leave the island in about 2 to 3 weeks. If anyone is willing to adopt, foster or transport, please send me a message and we can make the arrangements.
    Thank you,
    Kathy
    www.arf-aruba.com.

Kathy AKA Sugar does a phenominal job with these animals.
    The sterilization and education is definitely the answer as we just can't safe all of these beautiful dogs.
    Stella

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast