Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: "Puppies Saved from sure death" need homes soon.

Aruba since 1979
    but you try!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Kathy AKA Sugar does a phenominal job with these animals.
    The sterilization and education is definitely the answer as we just can't safe all of these beautiful dogs.
    Stella

while driving around Aruba, i noticed dogs running wild and in packs, and wondered if there was a problem of this on the island.

I know people will step up to help, Americans love their animals and animal causes.

My Fiance want s spuppy and this would be as good as going to local human society to get one.

Can you adopt a puppy, without having to fly to Aruba? Possibly have the puppy flown to your airport?

Aruba since 1979
    yes

contact members

SUGAR

or

Billstellr

by private message
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinStl View Post
    Can you adopt a puppy, without having to fly to Aruba? Possibly have the puppy flown to your airport?

Love seeing and hearing about rescues like this! Touches my heart... I adopted my dog from an organization who rescues and adopts out stray dogs that are in need from the streets of Mexico. Gotta say I've never had a more of a sweetheart of a pup!
    Hope these guys get adopted out soon. =)

Puppies

Yes, you can adopt a puppy, adult dog or kitten without flying to Aruba. We have volunteers who help us transport the animals to the states.
    It is quite simple. The new family would meet their babies at the airport. We will make all the arrangements. We also have pups in foster homes in the Maine and New York.
    If you would like to adopt, foster or are in Aruba and would be willing to transport, please pm me or Stella.

Thanks, Kathy

We are still looking for forever homes, fosters and transports of these puppies to the U.S. or Canada. We have fosters waiting in Maine and the Rochester, New York area to receive a few of the puppies. If you can adopt, foster or transport one of these puppies, please pm me.
    We also have 2 adult dogs looking for transport to Maine and New Jersy/Philadelphia area. The adult dogs would have to travel as checked luggage on American Airlines or Delta airlines after September 15. If you are going to be on the island in September and are traveling on either of these airlines and willing to transport, please pm me.
    We will make all the arrangements for the animals.

Thanks, Kathy

I'm not sure about the adults, but I know I can help transport the pups. I will check with the company about adult dogs.

Aruba since 1979
    ARF Aruba is looking urgently for NYer's flying from Aruba back to NY to transport some pups! We have places for them in NY but no way to get them here... Please contact forum members SUGAR or StellaBillR by private message or Andrea J if you can help!

While in Aruba for 2 weeks in September, i saw an article in the daily paper asking for volunteers willing to transport puppies back to the Bos/NY areas. I contacted Kathy and told her when i would be returning to Boston. She met me at the airport with "Toby", a 10 week old puppy, and went over all the information and processes that were involved in the transport. After checking in, Kathy took Toby for one last walk around the little park before entering the departure terminal. Going through security and customs was a breeze with just one extra stop at the US Agricultural area so Toby and I could be screened. I had been to the Donkey Sanctuary during my stay so they had me wiping my feet on a mat( for reasons I don't know and should have asked). The officer checked Toby's Vet papers and then it was off to drop my luggage off and head to the gate. Toby was a big hit while waiting for the flight and everyone fell in love with him. It was a smooth flight home. Toby slept almost the entire way. I think I was more nervous than he was. Once we arrive in Boston, I met Kathy's husband and reluctantly handed off Toby. I would encourage anyone flying back to the states to think about transporting one of these beautiful animals. It only takes a few extra minutes during the departure process. Kathy, I thank you for all you have done for these animals. It was a pleasure to meet you in Aruba and your husband in Boston and I hope Toby finds a great home. Next time I am in Aruba I will be giving you a call to do it all over again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast