Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By purpleangel
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Queen Beatrix Expected to Abdicate in Favor of Son

Queen Beatrix Expected to Abdicate in Favor of Son

Not sure if this is the right section on the forum to post this. Moderators, feel free to move as appropriate. Just saw this on nbcnews.com.

http://theroyals.today.com/_news/201...or-of-son?lite
    Darlene

Aruba since 1979
    this is the spot!
    thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section on the forum to post this. Moderators, feel free to move as appropriate. Just saw this on nbcnews.com.

http://theroyals.today.com/_news/201...or-of-son?lite

been watching the news and it seems she will be abdicating around her birthday.....from all news reports she is very much loved by her people....seems she doesn't hesitate to stop and hug onlookers during celebrations,etc....
    Hopefully her son will continue in this direction.....
    wonder if it means anything at all for aruba.....well, except maybe a change of name for the airport ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Will they re-name the Airport in Aruba??? Or- name stays forever??

My thought is, why would they change the name of the airport? It was named for her; and should remain a tribute to her reign.

Ed

Aruba since 1979
    i am guessing that the only change will be ...............name and headshot on the money!

Just realized we will be on Aruba when she abdicates. I wonder if there will be any special goings on in celebration of the new King? Also is April 30th a holiday for the Queen's Birthday? I am just wondering if things around the island will be closed.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

April 30 (Queen's Day) is currently a national holiday in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. This date is the birthday of late Queen Juliana (mother of Queen Beatrix, who maintained April 30 as a holiday since her own birthday is in January, and most of the festivities take place outdoors)

Queen Beatrix is abdicating on Queen's day 2013, and I am sure people in Aruba will celebrate the new King Willem-Alexander. From next year, the national holiday will be King's Day, on Willem-Alexander's birthday April 27.

Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    April 30 (Queen's Day) is currently a national holiday in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. This date is the birthday of late Queen Juliana (mother of Queen Beatrix, who maintained April 30 as a holiday since her own birthday is in January, and most of the festivities take place outdoors)

Queen Beatrix is abdicating on Queen's day 2013, and I am sure people in Aruba will celebrate the new King Willem-Alexander. From next year, the national holiday will be King's Day, on Willem-Alexander's birthday April 27.

Great info, thanks
    Not sure when, but we will be back