Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: A question about improving your Aruba experience

A question about improving your Aruba experience

There are folks who have been going to Aruba for many years and others who have recently experienced Aruba as a tourist destination My question is this. What would you tell ATA/AHATA needs to be improved to make your stay more enjoyable, more friendly and reduce any aggravations you may have experienced.

Could it be the delays at a arrival and Immigration at QB Airpirt

or The hassle of the departure process

or The craziness of driving in Aruba

or ..........

There are probably a number of silly little things that are aggravating and maybe by stating them, this may be seen by those who can bring about some positive change

Safety regulations with respect to the water sports, atv, jeep tours, private tours and ALL recreation on the island..

Many have no insurance, if they have insurance you're extremely limited on recourse, meaning you're in trouble!

I have encountered many accidents over the years, the tourist ALWAYS loses medically and financially...
    Aruba court system severely limits your claim..

The island is no longer the secret that it once was, but each day new businesses are started,
    with the same rules, NO rules.

The island needs to protect the tourist. it don't!

That's my pet peeve.

Hi Aquaman. AWSM question!!! This maybe a duplicate post from me.... but Faye and I(hollodog) will be arriving in Aruba Oct 4th-Oct 11th. Being 1st timers and a fresh view, we will comment when we get back. If there is anything we can keep an eye out for as well as what's mentioned above I'll give some feedback.

Also being part of the new experience. Does anyone think it's just growing too fast. Think thats part of the driving part just too many cars that people need to get around. Bringing in other workers from different countries it doesn't have the same safe felling it did 15 to 20 years ago,I worry about that. i just read that there is already another condo project next to blue residence ready to go. The roads and infastructure just doesn't support the growth. I still love it and all the friends I've made over 30 years and won't ever stop going be there nov 10 th and can't wait. Thinking maybe just a little slow down, but when your fall for Aruba you fall in love.

Aruba since 1979
    I see much improvement in the infrastructure over last 4 years.
    With the new highway and the new container port and the upgrades on the roads I think Aruba is handling their growth
    quite well.

I I agree with you re: maybe it is growing too fast at least for my liking.

Make right turn on red, legal. It would reduce the backups at many intersections such as on Palm Beach Road next to Wendys.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    My main concern: Stop the over-building. Otherwise, Aruba will soon look like Miami Beach and will be like a mass tourism destination. I personally try to avoid those places. So far, Aruba has still some of his natural Caribbean charm which makes it so special. I hope, the Aruban government will realize this and preserve and protect it.

I'd encourage businesses to stop using Facebook for their webpage. It just screams, "UNPROFESSIONAL!!!"

Improvements to the roads would be greatly appreciated.

Stop the deposit tax on non-interest bearing bank accounts. It's ridiculous.

Aruba since 1979
    so many businesses, all over the world are using FB and eliminating their websites.
    i agree with you 100%.
    the website, if designed well, gives so much more information.

however, i do like the option of FB as an addition/supplement.

tell us about the deposit tax please?
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'd encourage businesses to stop using Facebook for their webpage. It just screams, "UNPROFESSIONAL!!!"

Improvements to the roads would be greatly appreciated.

Stop the deposit tax on non-interest bearing bank accounts. It's ridiculous.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    two things: I say the problems at the airports. I'm sorry, but the last thing I want to do is after spending a fabulous time in Aruba, is knowing the ordeal at the airport. Even the last few times when arriving, the lines were up the stairs. And 2, stop with the threatening if you're half hour late in parking, we tow or put a lock or whatever. Just give me a ticket and leave me alone or charge my rental car for the parking ticket. Who wants to worry about that when you're downtown and having fun and shopping, etc. If I got a ticket, I'll pay it. But I won't chance getting towed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast