Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: A question about improving your Aruba experience

Here's the RBC schedule of fees - see the section about foreign deposits:

https://www.rbtt.com/ar/personal/file-627310.pdf

You're nicked depositng AND withdrawing. It's crazy. That's why so many people prefer to deal in cash or transact off-shore.

What would you tell ATA/AHATA needs to be improved to make your stay more enjoyable, more friendly and reduce any aggravations you may have experienced.
    The government needs to do something about the stray dogs roaming the streets and beaches.

The government needs to fast track their plans for centralized beach locations for day trippers off of cruise ships to enjoy their day at the beach.

A bus route from the hotels to Linda's/Wacky Wahoo/The Blue Lobster/and all the rest of those restaurants along that strip. Not everybody rents a car (driving on vacation feels too much like work) or relishes spending $16 round trip to eat over there.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The government needs to do something about the stray dogs roaming the streets and beaches.

The government needs to fast track their plans for centralized beach locations for day trippers off of cruise ships to enjoy their day at the beach.
    YES! The beautiful and sweet dogs and cats, puppies and kittens of Aruba are so close to the heart of so many people!

To just "clean up" the beaches and streets by catching them and killing them in this brutal and cruel way how it is done at the "Kill bin" is not a solution, IMO. That would be just heartbreaking!

IMO, to have a mandatory Spay/neuter program in place and reasonable or even free veterinary service for people who can not afford it.

Also to educate people about the importance of spay/neutering their cats and dogs and how to take care of them: provide them with food and water, shelter against the brutal sun, veterinary care to prevent Parvo, heartworms, fleas, ticks etc.

Aruba is a small island and it can be done, to control the pet population to a reasonable number where each dog and cat has a caring home.

I think from ALL the suggestions of improvements, taking care of the animals would be most important for me.

They really need to construct some walk overs across the busy highways, especially from the Superfoods to the hotels. There needs to be a better way to streamline departing passengers to the security checkpoints.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed.
    and although a walkable distance, the sidewalk is uneven in spots and non existant in others.
    Quote Originally Posted by skbrandon View Post
    A bus route from the hotels to Linda's/Wacky Wahoo/The Blue Lobster/and all the rest of those restaurants along that strip. Not everybody rents a car (driving on vacation feels too much like work) or relishes spending $16 round trip to eat over there.

Aruba since 1979
    it is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Here's the RBC schedule of fees - see the section about foreign deposits:

https://www.rbtt.com/ar/personal/file-627310.pdf

You're nicked depositng AND withdrawing. It's crazy. That's why so many people prefer to deal in cash or transact off-shore.

I agree 100% with CK1 about the cats and dogs having been directly involved with rescue efforts. I also hate all the building. Plus there are places like the one that got condemned by the harbor will be empty for how long? The "aqua" place across the mall by the Holiday Inn - that's really empty too.

I also don't like the hard rock on the tourist hotel strip - they all should be in town. I love taking a stroll at night but it's getting to be a little too much!
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12