I am a photojournalist from the United States and visiting Aruba for the second time in July. I've been to the island once before - many years ago - and while I remember my trip, I wasn't a photographer then or very cultured.
During my world travels I enjoy shooting street photos and/or finding stories that speak in volumes of the country I visit. While I enjoy the typical tourist spots, I am more interested in the people and their day to day lives.
So I have a couple questions, hopefully some people can help:
1. What is Aruba's main export?
2. Other than tourism, what is the main job/career of an Aruban resident?
3. How safe is it to walk the streets alone? In Oranjestad and the east part of the island.
4. Where can I find non-profits organizations to contact?
5. Are there any relevant issues in the country that others may be unaware of?