Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Questions about Aruba

Hello Folks,
    Great board you have here - itís been very helpful! Iíll be visiting Aruba for the first time in two months and was hoping to benefit from your collective expertise. Any guidance you may have on any of the following questions would be much appreciated!

1. Is there a place to rent chairs/umbrellas on Manchebo Beach/Punta Brabo? I know the Manchebo Beach Resort, understandably, will not rent to non-guests. I saw the 'Pirate Beach Rental Shack' mentioned somewhere, if that is indeed an option, where is it located? Or, if there is no place to rent chairs, where would be the best place to lay out a beach towel? In front of the Spa del Sol (just south of the Manchebo Beach Resort)?

2. If I can tear my girlfriend away from the west coast beaches for two hours one day, are the sights at Boca Prins and/or Dos Playa worthwhile? Do they both need to be seen? If not, which is the more scenic?

3. Do I need to see both the Casabari Rock and Ayo Rock Formations? Or is one sufficient (because they are sufficiently similar)? If the latter, which is the better sight?

4. On the drive to Baby Beach, is there any place to stop and snorkel from shore that is worthwhile? Is it possible to get to Mikeís Reef? Is Mangel Halto good, or are the currents and boat traffic problematic? If it helps, Iíve been snorkeling my whole life, but my girlfriend is newer to the sport (1-2 years). Is the snorkeling passable inside the breakwater at Baby Beach?

5. On the drive to Arashi, where are the best places to snorkel from shore - Malmok, Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove, Arashi? Any tips?

Thanks for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum cjay

my answers are in red
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay22 View Post
    Hello Folks,
    Great board you have here - it’s been very helpful! I’ll be visiting Aruba for the first time in two months and was hoping to benefit from your collective expertise. Any guidance you may have on any of the following questions would be much appreciated!

1. Is there a place to rent chairs/umbrellas on Manchebo Beach/Punta Brabo? I know the Manchebo Beach Resort, understandably, will not rent to non-guests. I saw the 'Pirate Beach Rental Shack' mentioned somewhere, if that is indeed an option, where is it located? Or, if there is no place to rent chairs, where would be the best place to lay out a beach towel? In front of the Spa del Sol (just south of the Manchebo Beach Resort)?
    hope someone else can answer as i cannot be sure.

2. If I can tear my girlfriend away from the west coast beaches for two hours one day, are the sights at Boca Prins and/or Dos Playa worthwhile? Do they both need to be seen? If not, which is the more scenic?
    both!! gorgeous 1/2 day trip.

3. Do I need to see both the Casabari Rock and Ayo Rock Formations? Or is one sufficient (because they are sufficiently similar)? If the latter, which is the better sight?
    I have seen both and prefer the casabari........ if i had to choose..time on the beach or rock formations= beach wins hands down.

4. On the drive to Baby Beach, is there any place to stop and snorkel from shore that is worthwhile? Is it possible to get to Mike’s Reef? Is Mangel Halto good, or are the currents and boat traffic problematic? If it helps, I’ve been snorkeling my whole life, but my girlfriend is newer to the sport (1-2 years). Is the snorkeling passable inside the breakwater at Baby Beach? \
    mangel halto is excellent although rough currents sometimes. i am not sure, but mike's reef might only be accessible by boat?? unsure though.
    forum member KENT is the ownere of a snorkel adventure at mangel halto, using hand held scooters. a real blast!!! wonderful adventure.

the snorkeling is very passable inside the breakwater at baby beach.

5. On the drive to Arashi, where are the best places to snorkel from shore - Malmok, Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove, Arashi? Any tips?

i prefer cataliina cove. easy access. good marine life. parking. leave NO valuables on the beaches or visible in your vehicle while you are snorkeling at ANY location.

visit the "activities" forum and see other opinions/ideas.

again, welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Thanks for your help!

Hi, Call Bully..he has a taxi service...his Aruba cell 593.7520...he will give the best tour ..you won't have to wait for people to get off and on a bus..look at some island magazines when you get there..decide what you want to see...run them past Bully...or you can let him show you his island. It costs $45 an hour ..try and find a couple to split the cost...we do a 2 hour tour and he runs past the time but doesn't charge more than the agreed rate. Do the north part of the island one day and south another day...or ask Bully what to see the next tour ...don't miss the cemetery at the Noord Catholic church...tell Bully Jim Johnson referred you....you can email him at bullytaxi79@hotmail.com.....we use him to meet us at the airport...you beat the bus transfers to check in and avoid check in lines...you can split cost with another couple...taxi prices are fixed..you can find them on the web...have fun we will be going down in May