Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thumbs up questions from a newbie

Hi community! My bf is bringing me to Pos Chiquito at the end of March. I have never been to Aruba....I have been reading some posts on here about it, sounds interesting. Any tips/topics about Pos Chiquito? I cannot wait!!!

Hi, welcome to board, where are you staying, You will absolutely Love It!

Aruba since 1979
    [B]pos chiquito is a a residential area (not the tourist or resort section of aruba)
    it is an area approx 3 or 4 miles beyond the airport.
    the tourist/resorts/timeshare/hotel area is about 4 or 5 miles in the opposite direction.

where will you be staying there?
    there are a few pretty cool restaurants in that direction although not right there in the pos chiquito section.
    B55 * very inexpensive
    Flying Fishbone * somewhat expensive
    Marina Pirata * moderately priced
    Old Man and the Sea * somewhat expensive

i am sure that i am leaving out a bunch of restaurants, and those are probably places where the residents go.
    in my experiences, those types of restaurant (the local places) are usually great and lower priced than the touristy type places./B]

thanks for info!

Hi! We will be staying with friends at Spaans La Quoenweg #15 in Pos Chiquito. I am assuming that is the street address, even tho it's all greek to me! lol! Thank you for the restaurant advice. A couple of the ones you mentioned, I have read other members review about. I agree, I like to hit the local places when I travel, and am looking forward to experiencing it in Aruba. Is there a beach in or near Pos Chiquito?

Welcome to the "Forum." No, I am not the official welcome person, such as you see at Walmart; but, I am sure that each and everyone of the "Forum Members," want you to feel completely at home visiting the "The Forum."

Have an absolutely wonderful time and keep us posted.

Ed
    Last edited by Edronenburg; 02-13-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections

thanks! I'm still learning to navigate, but am finding some interesting and useful information! I am looking forward to my trip!