Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Quirky Aruba habits

Quirky Aruba habits

I am sure we all have at least one thing we do on our trips to Aruba that is unique to our trips to Aruba. I am talking about quirky things that we do only in Aruba.

Mine is popsicles. Upon arriving on Aruba, I visit the grocery stores within a day or two, and the one thing I will surely buy that I rarely buy at home -- popsicles. And I usually need to replenish my supply each week. It's strictly an Aruba thing for me.

I am guessing that we all have certain Aruba quirks. What are some of yours?

P.S. I create this topic as I finish the last popsicle that I bought during my first grocery shopping trip.
    Last edited by rpumpire; 03-30-2016 at 01:11 AM.

My quirky habit is drinking at 10am..lol. We are early risers so by 10 we are ready for a mixed drink.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

My quirky habit is having to stop in every hotel boutique I see, when I'm walking. I rarely buy, but love to see what they have. It gives me a chance to see the different hotels too.

I plan 2:00 pm cocktails at 7:00 am. And then head out to Ling's or Superfood to get groceries and ingredients.

Drinking in general! Now, I do enjoy my cocktails - don't get me wrong, but Aruba + cocktails are a very different story. At home mixed drinks are an occasional thing - in Aruba they are on the daily schedule

And not sleeping. I have major issues sleeping in Aruba. I don't want to waste any time having my eyes closed and not being able to see all that beauty!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

As I have posted before, my quirky Aruba habit is my drinking. I have a closet drunk stuck somewhere in my body that only comes out in Aruba. I am not sure I have had had more than I day that I have had a drink since my trip in Feb. I am counting down the days to my next Bacardi and coke in Aruba.

Champagne and mimosas every day - sometimes in the morning, sometimes on our balcony for sunset, sometimes we take a glass down to the beach at night after a late dinner or go somewhere for a nightcap. And sometimes.....all of the above. LOL! I drink champagne alot at home but not every day (my office would frown upon that.)

I am another non-sleeper in Aruba since I've discovered the peacefulness of Eagle Beach in the morning with no one around but the pelicans. Doesn't matter what time I go to bed at night - 10pm or 2am - I'm still awake and doing a brisk walk at 6:30am (Amsterdam Manor to the Phoenix and back) for some exercise and then enjoying QUIET at the beach.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    very early rising here.
    we are usually up and out quite early.

popsicles huh?
    love popsicles!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    I am sure we all have at least one thing we do on our trips to Aruba that is unique to our trips to Aruba. I am talking about quirky things that we do only in Aruba.

Mine is popsicles. Upon arriving on Aruba, I visit the grocery stores within a day or two, and the one thing I will surely buy that I rarely buy at home -- popsicles. And I usually need to replenish my supply each week. It's strictly an Aruba thing for me.

I am guessing that we all have certain Aruba quirks. What are some of yours?

P.S. I create this topic as I finish the last popsicle that I bought during my first grocery shopping trip.

I am different in that I actually love the late afternoon nap in Aruba. I have not napped since college but in Aruba...I enjoy them, they allow me to stay up till 2am, lol.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    The past number of years I'll go on the Trikes and do the tour. Not so much of the sights but driving the Trike. Don't have a Motorcycle license here in States and besides DW would not be so happy if I did.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast