Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Quirky Aruba habits

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Ok, so I live here part time.. but EVERY TIME we return from our home in FL... my first breakfast is at a local pancake house... Diana's Pancake House for a Bacon, Tomato and Onion Pancake...
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own!

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    I drink dark rum and fruit juice drinks only in Aruba.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Windows on Aruba, Paddock
    Eating 3 meals a day and desert. At home I never eat 3 meals a day and never ever eat desert! DH has desert every night at home and on vacation, lucky him In Aruba I drink every day, at home lucky if I have a cocktail every 2-3 months although our friends try to get us out every weekend I am always up early at home and in Aruba and love my early morning walk alone on the beach, then to DD for ice coffee until DH has finished his beauty sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am different in that I actually love the late afternoon nap in Aruba. I have not napped since college but in Aruba...I enjoy them, they allow me to stay up till 2am, lol.
    We do the same. LOL! Never nap anywhere else except Aruba but after a day of being up early and either being out and about or spending it at the beach I need a break so we usually take a late afternoon nap. That's how we stay up until 2am, too. LOL! I feel like after a nap, shower, and sunset happy hour, it's a new day again.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Great thread, Rich. This is becoming a "Quirks anonymous" safe place!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Buying and drinking Coca Cola. The Coke we find on Aruba is made with real sugar - here in the States it's sweetened with something but not sugar.

This may sound silly, going to dinner with friends from the states and locals, when on the island.

January while dining with Scott and Leslie, don't eat out with non relatives at home, don't remember the last time we dined
    out with friends.
    They thought I was joking, that conversation lasted over an hour, we have many friends on the island throughout the year, and we're always with someone.
    I think we're pretty outgoing. lol

I've explained many times, at home we're with family, we have a very large family, no time for friends, our family members
    and their spouses

Holidays, birthdays, sundays were always together...

That's the way i like it... Love our culture and hopefully my children will continue
    our traditions...

Aruba since 1979
    i always thought that the coca cola on aruba tasted better becacuse of the aruba water.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    Buying and drinking Coca Cola. The Coke we find on Aruba is made with real sugar - here in the States it's sweetened with something but not sugar.

Something about Aruba makes me feel free.... free to drink when I want, free to eat what ever I want, free to talk to strangers and etc.
    Things I don't do at home..
    Guess it is so true One happy island.. cause doing all the stuff I do there makes me so happy...

I go to super foods and buy the 8 pack of Kelloggs sugared cereals. Only time I can have it is in Aruba each year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast