Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Chef Kasi
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister
  • 2 Post By rob o

Thread: Raid of Homes and Business in Aruba

Raid of Homes and Business in Aruba

Anyone have any additional information on this? The below is a news article from Curaçao.

------------------

ORANGE CITY - Authorities have during searches of houses and business premises in Aruba, the Netherlands and Belgium a total of over 3.9 million found and confiscated. The bulk of the money was Wednesday night in Aruba found by the Criminal Investigation Team (RST). The notes, totaling EUR 2.8 million, were hidden in packages chicken meat in a refrigerated container. In total eight buildings here searched and made three arrests, which entrepreneurs Ramon Helgers (47) and Hendricus Rey (73) were arrested. The third suspect, only the initials RG known.
    The three are suspected of, or organized participation, laundering of dirty money. The money was by themselves or others been received, managed, changed and placed in secret locations. Authorities believe the suspect Roermondse meat processing company Van Rey is used to move cash from Netherlands to Aruba. The suspect was arrested at the request of the Dutch judiciary. All suspects are still tight, so the prosecution late this morning know request.
    The investigation began in Aruba. At the request of the Public Prosecutor in Aruba are the National Office in the Netherlands and the Dutch police on April 13, 2015 also launched an investigation that ran parallel to the investigation into money laundering in Aruba.
    SEARCH BY INGE N

Last Tuesday, were searched by the Dutch police three homes and three business premises in Roermond, a house in the Belgian Stokkem Lanklaar and business premises in the Belgian Bree. In addition, a total 700,000 euros in cash, the company management and two computers confiscated.
    Aruba has simultaneously with the searches in the Netherlands and Belgium, searched four homes and four businesses. It is over 440,000 euros found and confiscated. Also include three Rolex watches, valuable three cars and two motorcycles were seized.
    WRONG BROE R

The arrested Van Rey is included director of Del Rey Apartments in Kamay, there was Tuesday also done a search. According to an anonymous source, he is a brother of the controversial Dutch politician Jos van Rey.
    As alderman of Roermond Jos would years confidential documents and other secret municipal information have passed on to a developer. He is suspected of corruption, election fraud, money laundering and breach of his official secrecy, writes the Dutch media. Rey Van would also friend and business partner of Helgers.
    The suspect Helgers is known as the founder and co-owner of the famous restaurant Madame Janette. This commercial was Tuesday also searched in connection with the investigation.
    Source: Daily Herald

Aruba since 1979
    yes not good

a forum member sent me a private message about this 2 days ago.
    he gave me a brief synopsis of what happened as far as he knew, and it seems to match all of the details you have listed in the news release Retagged(david).

re: Madame Janette's, there is apparently no involvement, nor is MJ restaurant implicated in this situation.

MJ is running operations normally and all restaurant staff are grateful for kind thoughts and concerns
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-01-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Yes... I have confirmed through various sources on the island that Ramon Helgers, one of the owners of MJs, is in jail in Aruba. I was also told they searched MJs but found nothing there. I was also told that authorities found $2.4 million in one container.

My first thought was drug money in the Netherlands and shipped to Aruba. This sounds like an episode from Breaking Bad!

Let me say a couple of words here about this false rumors .
    Mj is not accused or involved in any of this posted above !! We doing Business as usual and things are running fine in MJ like always .
    I also like to ask friendly the administration of the Bord to not let false rumors and accusations take over against our fine Establishment and the hard working People at MJ, what runs trouble free for over 16 years and will be in the Future .

Thats the only statement what i will do on this Topic and will not entertain any PM's or Posting's regarding this false Rumors .

Greets from Aruba
    Chef Kasi

Chef Kasi, we are thinking of MJ's and all of it's employees, Hoping there will be no impact on the restaurant. Looking forward to dining with you on our November trip.

Aruba since 1979
    glad to hear from you kasi. thanks for posting.

if folks want to post any links to news reports that'd be fine.

rumors and speculations are not fine.

It will be a long time before all the details are known, and the truth is separated from rumors. Though no longer a fan of MJs, I hope that the business isn't impacted by this unless new information becomes available. Until then, business as usual
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thank you Chef. Happy to hear MJ is not involved. See you next month!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ