Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Rain,rain.....finally

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We've had 15 straight days of measurable rain...I'm losing it here!
    Our only bad experience in Aruba was last November when the timing of rain was really bad. It was pretty much 2 hours of a downpour. It was during our room change so we had nowhere to call home to wait it out and interrupted our beachfront football watching plans. But again I would take 2-3 hours of rain over 15 straight days any day!

I hear ya, Tracey. On the news here in Richmond tonight, the weather man said that out of the 120 hours of possible sunlight that we've could have had so far in May, we've only had 10 hours of sunlight. It's getting really old now!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Here in Central Texas, we have everything at once: hot and humid during the day, cold at night. It's been about 88 degrees F, lots of sun followed by thunderstorms which will continue throughout May. Mother Nature loves it, everything is blooming and green, our property looks like a jungle! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I hear ya, Tracey. On the news here in Richmond tonight, the weather man said that out of the 120 hours of possible sunlight that we've could have had so far in May, we've only had 10 hours of sunlight. It's getting really old now!
    So depressing! I am getting my "sun" from reading the trip reports here on the forum!!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    we (including me) veered a bit off topic.
    so please mention aruba weather in your posting.

(aruba weather )

Glad to hear that Aruba got some much needed rain. The few times I've experienced rainfall on Aruba it was a unique experience in itself. The first time it looked as though it was going to pour rain all day judging by the dark skies and the force that the rain was coming down. After ten minutes it was all over, the sun came out, the skies were all clear and blue and the puddles of water left behind were all gradually turned into vapor. The second time the rainfall lasted for most of the day, finally letting up sometime around 2pm/3pm in the afternoon. That day felt like a lazy lay low kind of day, which allowed me to just kick back and relax for most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we (including me) veered a bit off topic.
    so please mention aruba weather in your posting.

(aruba weather )
    When we were filming the show, the Aruba weather (i.e. constant sunshine) was a challenge: they wouldn't let us wear sunglasses while filming.

That's why I look like Renee Zellweger in every shot.

But I'll take Aruba-squinty-sun-eyes over Canada-eyelashes-frozen-shut any day.
    Last edited by act1966; 05-12-2016 at 12:52 PM.

We are just hoping ARUBA WEATHER beats Kansas weather from 5/31-6/8. P L E A S E!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    We are just hoping ARUBA WEATHER beats Kansas weather from 5/31-6/8. P L E A S E!!
    I will almost guarantee it.... almost

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I will almost guarantee it.... almost
    Walt, you may just want to stay FOREVER
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Here in Central Texas, we have everything at once: hot and humid during the day, cold at night. It's been about 88 degrees F, lots of sun followed by thunderstorms which will continue throughout May. Mother Nature loves it, everything is blooming and green, our property looks like a jungle! LOL
    We live in Central Texas, too! Hello to a fellow Aruba lover! If you see me around town I am the car with an Aruban flag on my back window

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast