Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Removal/Editing of postings

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889

    Removal/Editing of postings


    Here at the aruba.com community forum we take pride in respect.
    Respect of words, reviews and each other.

    We do not randomly or without reason remove or delete.

    If it is a
    flagrant rule breaker, sure we hit "delete."

    If it is questionable we ask the original poster if he or she would mind editing, to make it less
    questionable or to make it more clear.
    I have been known too, to ask an original poster if they would object to me locking or deleting.
    Sometimes, not often, it is just better to have something deleted.

    So please, feel free to post (please use the appropriate categories) and if there is an issue we'll be in touch.

    Please feel free to hit the "report button" and state your concerns in the area where it is asking for your concerns.
    Please do not send Jacki or I private messages re: your concerns about a posting or a thread...Instead use the "report " button. We get those reports as does the aruba tourism authority office!




    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-30-2016 at 10:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Thanks to your vigilance, these rules have served this site very well.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    we try to do the best we can.
    always room for improvement...sometimes it is quite difficult and jacki and i go back and forth and we sometimes are straddling the darn fence pole.

  4. #4
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we try to do the best we can.
    always room for improvement...sometimes it is quite difficult and jacki and i go back and forth and we sometimes are straddling the darn fence pole.
    .....and you've probably wanted to delete me about, what....2,700+ times?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    rob...you are the one that provided the fence on which i sit
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    .....and you've probably wanted to delete me about, what....2,700+ times?

  6. #6
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    I / we appreciate your active involvement in the posts.
    You are kind enough to communicate with us about posts unlike one specific forum.
    The reason for my tirad....
    I will be very frank and honest and say Trip Advisor has taken down over 5 posts of mine for no reason what so ever. 700+ posts there mine.
    Tried communicating with them and have gotten ZERO response on why they were removed.
    No communication, no response and no reason. Go figure?!
    The posts that they have taken down are as follows; update on the Renaissance Fire, A compliment to the staff on how the private island pulled their act together, a link for airline info on ZIKA virus and lastly telling a poster Aruba is the place to be vs other other Caribean islands( 2x posted). All recent.
    I will adamantly stand by this post of mine and I don't expect it to be removed because someone wants it to be.
    It's NOT coming down, so don't request it to be. Shame on TA.
    BRAVO to aruba.com. You've got it together...
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-31-2016 at 07:39 AM.

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    do TA moderators/experts ever communicate with the members?

    do posts there (not reviews) go to moderation first before the post is posted?

    on this forum, if a brand new member posts a link to a website, it automatically goes into moderation (a spam preventer)
    on this forum, if there is a posting in timeshare or weddings it goes directly to moderation as those 2 areas sometimes have been problematic.

    i have not much experience with TA, but have heard lots.

    you can be sure that on this forum we do the best we can to play by the rules.
    on occasion an inappropriate posting may remain on the forum for longer than what seems to be necessary.
    however, jacki and i cannot be on here 24/7.
    again, we do the best we can.

    i encourage you to continue to try to contact the administrators of TA and state your concerns.

    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I / we appreciate your active involvement in the posts.
    You are kind enough to communicate with us about posts unlike one specific forum.
    The reason for my tirad....
    I will be very frank and honest and say Trip Advisor has taken down over 5 posts of mine for no reason what so ever. 700+ posts there mine.
    Tried communicating with them and have gotten ZERO response on why they were removed.
    No communication, no response and no reason. Go figure?!
    The posts that they have taken down are as follows; update on the Renaissance Fire, A compliment to the staff on how the private island pulled their act together, a link for airline info on ZIKA virus and lastly telling a poster Aruba is the place to be vs other other Caribean islands( 2x posted).
    I will adamantly stand by this post of mine and I don't expect it to be removed because someone wants it be.
    It's NOT coming down, so don't request it to be. Shame on TA.
    BRAVO to aruba.com. You've got it together...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,759
    TA was my first forum I used extensively but I don't like some of their decisions. They frequently take down posts/threads that don't post certain companies in favorable lights, even when they are 100% fact. TA is a business, and they want posts/threads that only improve business for their "customers" and don't like threads that even when honest, place a hotel, or business in a negative light.

    I have had several posts removed myself but my memory is not nearly as good as yours Cindy to post the details. I still enjoy using both sites though.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-31-2016 at 01:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    TA was my first forum I used extensively but I don't like some of their decisions. They frequently take down posts/threads that don't post certain companies in favorable lights, even when they are 100% fact. TA is a business, and they want posts/threads that only improve business for their "customers" and don't like threads that even when honest, place a hotel, or business in a negative light.

    I have had several posts removed myself but my memory is not nearly as good as yours Cindy to post the details. I still enjoy using both sites though.
    I use all resources I can, as there is so much knowledge out there, but I only use TA to post appreciation to vendors I think deserve it. I never post negative things there, as they will be removed anyway. Hence, the site is not truthful (as this one is). It's a cute little resource for Aruba newbies....but this site is far superior.

    PS - We used TA extensively on our bi-annual trips to Europe....it was quite helpful there. For Aruba, not so much. aruba.com is the way to go thanks to its style of moderation and the knowledge of its moderators and participants.
    Last edited by rob o; 01-31-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  10. #10
    Senior Member susan.b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    170
    It is almost impossible to contact TA. I don't understand why some posts are removed and others are not, especially the one where CindyO praised the staff at the Renaissance. Thanks for being so involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO