Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Renaissance Island Flamingos

We own at the Ren and have spent many days on the island. The flamingos are very pretty and very loud. It is cheaper to go to the zoo and see them than spending $100 a person. Seeing the flamingos always reminds me when I was about 4 years old and saw my first flamingos in the zoo. I thought they were so beautiful and I thought it was cool how they could "hid" their one leg when they stood on only one leg and wondered how they did it and where the leg went. This got me in trouble a few weeks later. My parents had good friend who lost his leg in WWII. Sometimes he'd wear his prosthesis and sometimes not. After seeing the flamingos, I thought he was "hiding" his leg like the flamingo and I tried looking up his shorts(summertime) while he was walking using his arm crutches, to see how he was "hiding" his leg. I think my parents were mortified. I got into so much trouble for my curiosity.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    [QUOTE=robin;321869]We own at the Ren and have spent many days on the island. The flamingos are very pretty and very loud. It is cheaper to go to the zoo and see them than spending $100 a person. Seeing the flamingos always reminds me when I was about 4 years old and saw my first flamingos in the zoo. I thought they were so beautiful and I thought it was cool how they could "hid" their one leg when they stood on only one leg and wondered how they did it and where the leg went. This got me in trouble a few weeks later. My parents had good friend who lost his leg in WWII. Sometimes he'd wear his prosthesis and sometimes not. After seeing the flamingos, I thought he was "hiding" his leg like the flamingo and I tried looking up his shorts(summertime) while he was walking using his arm crutches, to see how he was "hiding" his leg. I think my parents were mortified. I got into so much trouble for my curiosity.[/QUOTE

Funny story though embarrassing for your parents.

I will admit the flamingos were one of the reasons we booked a night at the Rennaissance Marina tower. Once I saw them up close, I wasn't as excited
    While trying to take pictures I kept feeling like any minute they would attack (completely irrational fear). I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to buy the day pass, but if you need to add on a night or 2, it might be worth looking into the hotel if you really want the experience.
    I would rather see them in a more natural habitat like pictures I've seen of Bonaire.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Much more fun to see them in a natural habitat as Tracey mentioned. I took this photo of flamingos in Curacao when we did a day trip there a few years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renaissance Island Flamingos-21.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12