Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Renaissance Island Parrots

Just an fyi...

Every year before I go to Aruba I buy a few pounds of Pistacious that we eat on the plane and beach. I also noticed many years ago that the parrots on the island love them, it's like candy to them. Bring a bag next time you go walk over to the cage and hold them out in your hand, once they see them they will go nuts squaking and coming down the cage to eat them.
    Last edited by arubamark; 09-24-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    COOL!
    good suggestion.

andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I have the cutest pictures of those parrots and all the kids we travel with. All of them are lined up, backs to me, feeding and talking to those things. They range in age from 14 months to 16....and were lined by size...real cute ! I especially like the pink duck...

Best part of Timbaland getting married the same weekend as us, the parrots were moved away. No bawking during our reception.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I have the cutest pictures of those parrots and all the kids we travel with. All of them are lined up, backs to me, feeding and talking to those things. They range in age from 14 months to 16....and were lined by size...real cute ! I especially like the pink duck...
    lol - I forgot about the pink duck, my daughter loves that thing.

I think that the parrots are cute and beautiful as well as the ducks. But keep in mind especially with little kids and trying to feed them: parrots do bite! My grandfather had one...many...I won't tell you how many...years ago, and he would nip at my fingers. Since the nuts are so small, I would imagine...and I could be wrong...that little fingers would be more prone to being "nipped."

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    I think that the parrots are cute and beautiful as well as the ducks. But keep in mind especially with little kids and trying to feed them: parrots do bite! My grandfather had one...many...I won't tell you how many...years ago, and he would nip at my fingers. Since the nuts are so small, I would imagine...and I could be wrong...that little fingers would be more prone to being "nipped."

Just a thought.
    Thank you for your concern, you do have to be careful. These birds are so friendly and gentle. I give themthe pistacio in the shell and the parrot will take the nut out. My daughter holds my hand when we feed them just to be on the safe side. We also feed the flamingos on the adult beach, they can nip sometimes but it doesn't hurt.