Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thierryr

Thread: Renaissance mall

Renaissance mall

Hi guys is the above worth a visit? We're there for two weeks, I noticed a few labels there, is pricing in line with the same type of outlet in the UK or is it any cheaper? Thanks!

I'd say yes but be aware that it's not an outlet mall.

Hi act1966 thanks for reply, how do you mean not an outlet mall?

Aruba since 1979
    i am guessing he means there are no discounted prices.

there are high end shops there, but no outlet pricing.

(unless your definition of outlet is different than mine. here in the usa, there are "outlet malls" and they are brand names, and could be "irregulars, last year's products or products that just were not a hit. we go to an outlet mall here in FLA in Ellenton. it has tons of stores and some very good prices. hilfiger, nike, coach etc..)
    Quote Originally Posted by thierryr View Post

I'm from the UK and can tell you the pricing is the same, the only saving you make is on the tax - its much less in Aruba.........but the to the $ is pretty bad at the minute so may not even be any different at all. You do however find items that are not available in the UK. Enjoy!
    When i grow up i wanna marry Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by thierryr View Post
    sorry... outlet malls in North America offer discount prices on seconds, styles that didn't take off in regular retail stores or flawed goods. The stores in Renaissance are first rate luxury stores.

I'm here at the moment spend a lot of time in Aruba and things are cheaper than the UK even with the rubbish exchange rate. I've picked up 2 Michael kors watches and 4 mk sunglasses and saved 50 pounds on each pair of sunglasses and over 100 on one watch and 80 on the other. Most of the shops are duty free. I've also bought Marc jacobs perfume for almost half price. MAC make up used to be so cheap here a few years ago when we got 1.7 dollars to the pound now its around even. The worse thing us alcohol isn't as cheap as it used to be compared to the UK lol

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies, sorry it was my bad wording ... I didnt mean "outlet mall" as in where end of line brands etc are sold, but you have answered my question anyway. thanks!