Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nurseshark

Thread: Renassiance vs DePalm

Renassiance vs DePalm

Not sure where to put this; it's kinda an activities question, kinda a hotel question.

We're contemplating visiting either DePalm private island (I think $89 pp for a day) or get a room at the Renaissance for $212 a night and have access to the island for 2 days.

As some of you know, DePalm includes all you can eat food, all you can drink beverages, they provide snorkel gear, chairs and shade. We won't have the kids with us so the volleyball court, basketball court and banana boat don't matter.

In comparison, what is provided at Renaissance island? Do they provide anything other than the boat taxi there if you are a guest at the hotel? Do you have to purchase food and drinks? Can you take your own cooler? I told my hubby it might be a nice way to check out the Renaissance.

If you purchase day passes for Renaissance ($99) it does include lunch and a cocktail I believe.

Thanks!!

Aruba since 1979
    ya i will leave it here, but also copy it to the "general"

check out pricing for renaissance island on orbitz or on priceline or travelocity or expedia
    anything under $200 p night is good

if you are a renaissance guest, all it gives you is access....no food or beverages, no floats,........only allows you to have the water taxi ride r/t and the use of the beach, rest rooms, lounges. floats, food, booze, all extra $
    the restaurant on ren island has good salads, chicken tenders and dear hubby loves their burgers.
    the drinks are not watered down.

no you cannot take any food or beverages onto the island.

Thanks Andrea. That's what I thought. Never thought to check priceline, etc. Will do that and if cheap enough, may give a go just to say we were there.

Happy New Year!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Rennaissance island is a classy heaven
    never been to Depalm and don't ever care too either.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Rennaissance island is a classy heaven
    never been to Depalm and don't ever care too either.
    We were thinking of taking the family to DePalm Isl. this month. Is there something we're not seeing about the day trip?

Aruba since 1979
    depalm is a wonderful place and has stuff for "everyone"

the downfall is the price which is high

the food has gotten considerably better too as the owner of the now closed Amadeus restaurant, is the food and beverage manager at Depalm

Depalm is a nice destination and if it fits in your budget, i recommend.

those of us who remember the Depalm of pre 2004....remember the low priced, no amentities Depalm.

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    We were thinking of taking the family to DePalm Isl. this month. Is there something we're not seeing about the day trip?

Totally depends on what you're looking for. If you want staged activities and excursions (many at extra price) De Palm is the place for you. If you want peace and quiet, snorkeling on your own, renting pool floaties for a minimal price, and even a child free adult side Renaissance can't be beat. It's like choosing between a getaway and a theme park. You just need to know what will be best for your family.
    NurseShark