Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Renewing Passports this year- NY Times article

Renewing Passports this year- NY Times article

If your passport expires this year, you may want to start the process soon according to this article

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/31....facebook.com/
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I had to renew mine this year. Actually it was two weeks ago. I sent everything out on a Tuesday and the new one was delivered to my house the following Monday. The turnaround time shocked the heck out of me. Here I was thinking I would be sweating getting it back by Feb 26th. Must have beat the rush.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

My husband just renewed his passport. From mailing it in to receiving the new one only took about 2 weeks total. He received his old passport back 2 days later. His didn't expire until April but we both err on the side of caution - "better early, than late". Didn't want to be stuck trying to go to a country than requires you still have at least 6 months on your passport before the expiration.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-26-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    My husband just renewed his passport. From mailing it in to receiving the new one only took about 2 weeks total. He received his old passport back 2 days later. His didn't expire until April but we both err on the side of caution - "better early, than late". Didn't want to be stuck trying to go to a country than requires you still have at least 6 months on your passport before the expiration.
    Yeah mine was set to expire the day after we would be getting back from Aruba. I'm just happy I looked when I did. My old one arrived a few days later as well.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

We did ours about 6 months ago and it took several weeks to arrive, at least 3 of them. I need to renew my sons after our summer trip, his will expire before we can go away over NYE I believe....I need to double check.

I was just looking at our passports last night. DH & mine expire in July. I didn't even know you could renew by mail! Going to look into it now.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I was just looking at our passports last night. DH & mine expire in July. I didn't even know you could renew by mail! Going to look into it now.
    We've always renewed ours by mail. Here's the website with info: http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...rts/renew.html
    We just usually go to a local FedEx Office Center for our passport photos. But I think alot of places take passport photos now like Walgreens and CVS.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-27-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Yes, we've had the kids pictures done at CVS. Quick, convenient and decent pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Yes, we've had the kids pictures done at CVS. Quick, convenient and decent pictures
    "Decent" is the key word. You have to look at this photo for 10 years. LOL!
    ~Amy~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    "Decent" is the key word. You have to look at this photo for 10 years. LOL!
    True, the kids' are only 5 years and I think their pics are cute no matter how they actually look!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast