Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Renewing Passports this year- NY Times article

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    I had to renew mine this year. Actually it was two weeks ago. I sent everything out on a Tuesday and the new one was delivered to my house the following Monday. The turnaround time shocked the heck out of me. Here I was thinking I would be sweating getting it back by Feb 26th. Must have beat the rush.

So I sent our passports out Thursday 3/31. One check cleared my bank 4/7. The other hasn't hit the bank yet. How soon do I worry?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jacki, you're dealing with the government... you should always worry when that happens! Actually, I'm sure they will be in your hands soon

We sent ours out all checks cleared... then DH & DS got emails that there's were being mailed... mine was still being process.
    Long story short we all got ours within 3 weeks of filing.

Got an email this morning (almost a month after mailing) that the picture was damaged and I need to submit a new one....

Aruba since 1979
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Got an email this morning (almost a month after mailing) that the picture was damaged and I need to submit a new one....

Still no passports....still only one check cleared.... been six weeks. Starting to worry!

I will never renew by mail again! Making me crazy! (well, crazier)

Check on line and call the number. I did that we I notice my husband's and son's went through and mine didn't..

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Check on line and call the number. I did that we I notice my husband's and son's went through and mine didn't..
    Thanks! I don't know why the heck I didn't think of that! Mine says it is processing and I should have it by 5/23/16. My husband's passport application is not found. Yikes.

That's what happen to me.. so I just called the number and my was there... as I tell people.. "breathe" it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Thanks! I don't know why the heck I didn't think of that! Mine says it is processing and I should have it by 5/23/16. My husband's passport application is not found. Yikes.

Half the battle is getting DH to call lol He doesn't handle anything like that. I do it all I already texted him to let him know we have to make the phone call together tonight because I'm sure they will want to know when it was sent and what the check number was or something lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast