Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: rent a phone

rent a phone

I need to rent a phone so I can call usa where I go this and how cost can be ,thank ginette

try this: SETAR Store TeleKiosk Airport
    Opening hours: Monday - Sunday, 09:00-11:00 and 12:00-18:00
    Reina Beatrix Airport,
    Waiting area, Arrival Hall
    Tel: 525-1000
    Fax:5830525

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplepam View Post

I looked last year but did not rent
    I found this but don't know how they are or for sure if they rent/how much
    SETAR Store TeleKiosk Airport
    Opening hours: Monday - Sunday, 09:00-11:00 and 12:00-18:00
    Reina Beatrix Airport,
    Waiting area, Arrival Hall
    Tel: 525-1000
    Fax:5830525
    this I found from another post
    website says they rent for $45. a week minimum
    I think you can get phone delivered
    https://www.discountcellaruba.com/
    Aruba, Dutch - Caribbean
    Phone: (297) 732-8809
    Phone: (297) 593-8439
    Fax: (297) 582-6855
    good luck

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    if i were you, i would rent from Trees at Aruba Discount Cell. The phones aren't fancy (you can get smartphones if you want). I get the basic cheapy phones. Its $40 for one week with 60 minutes. Texts are considered half a minute. Any incoming calls are not charged. So its basically 60 minutes of outgoing calls. They also have $50 for one week with 90 minutes. She drops it off at hotel/townhouse/whatever and picks it up. She usually leaves in our mailbox and when we leave for the airport, i put it back in the mailbox and she comes & gets it whenever.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    oh, one more thing. She emails you the number 2 or 3 days before you leave home so you can give it out to whomever.

Trees in a word excellent. We have our own International cell phone now and add minutes every few months on the digicel site but years ago we used to rent from Aruba Discount Cell.

Aruba since 1979
    post 2 in this thread
    click phone rental

I returned from Aruba on January 4th. Prior to my trip I saw a commercial that T-mobile has eliminated all roaming fees for over 100 countries, one of which is Aruba. Text messaging I was told was free, along with Data, and Voice would be 20 cents a minute. I called T-mobile 2x prior to my trip to confirm that I would not be charged. I took my phone off of airplane mode about 7 times and sent text messages and received text messages. I also used Data to check on NFL scores and google directions in Aruba. I did not make any voice calls.

My bill just became available and I was NOT charged for anything extra. A view of the details shows up as Aruba(Digicel) Text (Roaming).

On a funny note, when I took my phone off of Airplane mode, I got a text from T-mobile that said, Welcome to Jamacia along with a message saying that text and data were free and voice was only 20 cents a minute.

Depending upon you phone carrier, you many want to save cash, and skip renting a phone. We did not pay for wifi at the Tam, nor did we connect to it, but I did try of course.

Trees at Aruba Discount Cell if you need a phone. If not, install magicjack on your phone as an app. It works perfectly to make outgoing calls as long as you are on wifi.