Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Rental Phone Dialing

Okay, I called Verizon and got 2 different bits of info so can someone help me. I'll try to be clear. When I arrive in Aruba, I have to call the rental agent and the phone person what time to meet me. At that point I will be using my cellphone, USA phone number.

So, I am now in aruba and using my cellphone number and calling someone in Aruba, what do I dial. the rental agent said dial 011-297 & his number. Verizon said if I am in aruba calling an aruba number from my usa phone, I dial 00-297 & the number. Which is it?

2nd question. If i am in Aruba using an aruba phone to call the USA, they told me to dial 001-908 and the number. Someone else told me if I call the USA from an Aruba phone, I dial 011-908.

What do I dial???????

thanks!!!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    calling from aruba dial 001 then the 10 digit us #

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thank you. the woman said the same thing about calling from aruba to usa using 001.

now i called verizon a third time, lol. the woman said if i am in aruba using my usa cellphone and I am calling a local aruba phone number, i just dial the 7 digit number. i don't need the 001, i don't need 011, i don't need 297.

does that sound right????

Aruba since 1979
    my answers in red and this is your USA verizon cell right?
    please be aware of large charges from verizon. lots of folks are pretty surprised/shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Okay, I called Verizon and got 2 different bits of info so can someone help me. I'll try to be clear. When I arrive in Aruba, I have to call the rental agent and the phone person what time to meet me. At that point I will be using my cellphone, USA phone number.

So, I am now in aruba and using my cellphone number and calling someone in Aruba, what do I dial. the rental agent said dial 011-297 & his number. Verizon said if I am in aruba calling an aruba number from my usa phone, I dial 00-297 & the number. Which is it? 011-297 and then the number

2nd question. If i am in Aruba using an aruba phone to call the USA, they told me to dial 001-908 and the number. Someone else told me if I call the USA from an Aruba phone, I dial 011-908.

What do I dial??????? 001-908- and then the number

thanks!!!

The 3rd woman I spoke to sent me the dialing instructions, lol. it is, of course based on the fact I am using a usa cellphone. it said call from aruba to the us dial 001 & the #. If i am in aruba and calling a local number, just dial the local number, no country code, etc. she said the only time i need to use the 011 is if i am in the usa and calling aruba so for my daughter to call, she would need to dial 011-297 & the #.

I've programmed every which way you can imagine, lol, into my cellphone. Once I get the rental phone, I won't worry but the first couple of calls I make are going to be from my cellphone.

when i asked her about the other two verizon people telling me to dial 00 & the #, she said she had no idea where they got that from, lol. you always need to call 3 times because you need a tie-breaker. but the global dialing instructions were exactly what the 3rd woman said. and the first two said they were reading from it. I got two emails, one from the first lady (who said dial 00) and one from the 3rd lady and they both were exactly the same emails so the first lady obviously can not read.....lol

thanks guys. i told the verizon lady i was emailing the aruba forum because those people know everything. see, I was right......you guys do know everything.

thanks!!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    your latest info is correct. As far as costs? I have sprint which is $1.99/min. to usa. Not cheap but I was in aruba for 3 wks last year and made 1 call(actually just to see if it worked and it did). All other calls I made from the internet cafe accross from holiday inn for .50/min. But having the cell phone available for an emergency is comforting. I am in aruba nov 26 for 3 weeks and don't plan on making any calls !!