Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: rental phones

M&M

rental phones

I have read all the links regarding cell phones, sim cards, but one question you have not answered. If I rent a phone at the airport, can I program it to use my current phone #?. It will be quite inconvenient to call a bunch of businesses and people to let them know I, temporarily have a new phone #. I do not plan to bring my laptop as I came for a vacation, not to work.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    M&M

Aruba since 1979
    if you rent a cell phone from a provider in aruba.....the number that you will be assigned will not be your current at home cell phone number. you could rent the phone prior to your arrival, get the number ahead of time and shoot out an email shout out of the number where you can be reached while you are gone. if you are going to aruba not to work, then you should not have too many to pass the new number along to right?
    we give our son/dil, dog sitter and a few others our aruba #...maybe 6 total.

Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    I have read all the links regarding cell phones, sim cards, but one question you have not answered. If I rent a phone at the airport, can I program it to use my current phone #?. It will be quite inconvenient to call a bunch of businesses and people to let them know I, temporarily have a new phone #. I do not plan to bring my laptop as I came for a vacation, not to work.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    M&M

The only way to keep that number would be to put an international roaming plan on your home cell plan
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Sorry, when finishing the setup on Google it would not forward to Aruba
    Last edited by milford44; 08-24-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Correction

Aruba since 1979
    call forwarding?
    Quote Originally Posted by milford44 View Post
    A work around that I use:
    i have obtained a Google phone number.
    i forward my Verizon cell to the Google number and have the Google number ring on my unlocked GSM cell that I have with me that has a Digicel SIMM card with a local Aruba phone number. I do this just for the 2 weeks I am in Aruba. If you don't have a gsm cell they are available cheap used or you could even rent a phone and send the calls to that number. You can do it on line either here or there after you get to Aruba

Yes call forwarding

Aruba since 1979
    why would you have to use google as the "go between?"
    couldn't you just forward all of your VZ cell phone calls to your unlocked gsm aruba cell phone or your aruba rental cell phone?
    Yes call forwarding

Verizon would charge long distance minutes to forward the calls to an Aruban phone number. Verizon only allows you to call Verizon to Verizon for free plus 10 numbers you list on your friends and family list if you have that option in your plan. Verizon international rates are very high

Aruba since 1979
    understand
    thanks

Verizon would charge long distance minutes to forward the calls to an Aruban phone number. Verizon only allows you to call Verizon to Verizon for free plus 10 numbers you list on your friends and family list if you have that option in your plan. Verizon international rates are very high

Correction! Google phone would not forward to Aruba- sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast