Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dbruno720
  • 1 Post By itsjustme

Thread: Renting a Palpa and/or Beach Chairs

Renting a Palpa and/or Beach Chairs

Hi - A friend of ours is going on a cruise, and will be in Aruba for a day. We have been telling her so much about the beautiful Eagle and Manchebo Beaches, that she would like to spend a few hours on one of them. Is it possible to rent a couple of beach chairs and a palapa/umbrella on one of those beaches? If not there, can you rent on any of the beaches by the day?

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    an interesting topic !!!
    by law the fixed palapas on public beaches cannot be rented out and anyone can use them (on ANY of the beaches in aruba with the exception of Renaissance and DePalm Islands.)

however the chairs belong to the resorts or to rental outfits

there are lounge chair rentals @ the Lacabana area on eagle beach.
    (i think it is called julios watersports)

there are chairs to rent at arashi beach.

there are chairs to rent at moomba on palm beach up between the holiday inn and the marriott campus.
    there may be "shade" there too.

Quote Originally Posted by dbruno720 View Post
    Hi - A friend of ours is going on a cruise, and will be in Aruba for a day. We have been telling her so much about the beautiful Eagle and Manchebo Beaches, that she would like to spend a few hours on one of them. Is it possible to rent a couple of beach chairs and a palapa/umbrella on one of those beaches? If not there, can you rent on any of the beaches by the day?

Thanks!

Thanks! As a matter of fact, it helps my wife and I when we want to be on a beach other than the Divi Phoenix for a day. I love the Phoenix, but we have stayed at Manchebo Beach, and I really miss that beach. I think it's the most beautiful on the island IMHO.

There are vendors all over the island now renting chaise lounges and umbrellas. Going rate is $45 for 2 chaises and an umbrella.

There are numerous vendors set up along Palm Beach. My husband and I were chuckling yesterday at all the tourists who paid huge $$$$ for expensive hotel rooms ($600+ a night) on Palm Beach. We met a woman who was staying at a studio apartment paying $75 a night + $45 for her beach set up and she had a front row seat in front of the palapas of the fools who paid big bucks for expensive hotel rooms.

If you don't require shade there is also a vendor renting chaises at Arashi for $7 a piece, Another at Boca Catalina. Not sure his price, assume it is close to $7 a piece.

MVC Eagle Beach rents chaises for $10 a piece and Amsterdam Manor rents chaises for $15 a piece. And as Andrea mentioned, smack dab in the middle of La Cabana's beach there is a vendor as well. He sold out of umbrellas early today, so early bird catches the worm.

Reflextions (former Nikky Beach) also rents Chair and the umbrella for $12.00 and you have full use of facilities-
    pool
    showers
    bathrooms
    wifi
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 12-30-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    maybe a good source of income is to set up shop for rental of chaises
    i am in need of work

When there are THREE vendors renting chaises and umbrellas on the property of the Radisson ALONE, you are VERY glad you are not paying your hard earned money to stay there. It is not at all surprising to me that the Radisson wants out.

Did a family cruise with my parents 12 years ago. At the Aruba port, myself & SIL grabbed a cab and asked were to hang on the beach for the day with chairs and services. He took us to the Holiday Inn rented chairs on the beach played in ocean, napping, drinking and eating. While the rest of the gang did the ATV tour. We were the SMART ONES!!