Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Repeat Visitor Goodwill Ambassador/Distinguished Guest

Repeat Visitor Goodwill Ambassador/Distinguished Guest

We have been going to Aruba since 1979. Probably there close to 25 times. We're due back again Dec 8th. That is 34 yrs to the day of our first visit. Does anyone know if Aruba tracks this information. We have read in the Aruba newspapers about people going to Aruba for 15, 20 or more years. How is that verified?

Aruba since 1979
    it is not verified.
    it is the honor system.

if you have made 10 consecutive visits over 10 yrs or 20 consecutive visits over 20 years, let your resort concierge know on the day that you arrive and the ATA will honor you with a framed certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by NYers View Post
    We have been going to Aruba since 1979. Probably there close to 25 times. We're due back again Dec 8th. That is 34 yrs to the day of our first visit. Does anyone know if Aruba tracks this information. We have read in the Aruba newspapers about people going to Aruba for 15, 20 or more years. How is that verified?

Is there any benefit to this honor, other than just the act of being "honored"?
    I've been going since 1976, and definitely at least the last 10 consecutive years. In fact i think its at least 15, and i have the passport to prove it. But i dont care about just getting a picture in the local tourist paper. I always wondered about this.

Aruba since 1979
    it is strictly personal...as to why one would want to be honored.

we have a framed distinguished visitor certificate.
    is there a benefit to us having this..........? probably not, but is a nice souvenir.

as far as the flip side........Aruba prides itself as the Caribbean island with the most repeat visitors. The good will ambassador and distinguished visitor is a perfect marketing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    Is there any benefit to this honor, other than just the act of being "honored"?
    I've been going since 1976, and definitely at least the last 10 consecutive years. In fact i think its at least 15, and i have the passport to prove it. But i dont care about just getting a picture in the local tourist paper. I always wondered about this.

Thats what i figured. My only problem with the whole process is that it probably takes an hour of time that i would otherwise spend on the beach

We just wondered about it. If it takes an hour, we agree it is too much time away from the beach

We had ours presented at the mgr's cocktail party at Amsterdam Manor - so no time away from activities or the beach since we had planned on being there anyway. Maybe you can suggest something like that and have your hotel arrange it during their happy hour or something similar?
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Do it! Its a really nice little presentation. You might end up pictured in the paper and you get a nice certificate that you can frame!!!
    Hey, whats an hour?! 🌞

Aruba since 1979
    that is exactly the way i feel!
    an hour is all it takes.......if that.

so where does everyone have their framed certificate hanging?
    ours is on our enclosed lanai

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Do it! Its a really nice little presentation. You might end up pictured in the paper and you get a nice certificate that you can frame!!!
    Hey, whats an hour?! 

Dom
    Mine is hanging on the wall behind my bar at home. It gets quite a few comments from my friends. I agree that it does not take much time and is worth while if you are a frequent visitor to the island. Also, I received mine at the Costa Linda a few years ago, and the resort gave us a $50 voucher for the restaurant there. That was unexpected but a nice touch for the resort.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast