Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: resort adjacent to baby beach ?

  1. #21
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    In an economy that is driven by tourism, this can't be a surprise. The revitalization of the south island will be good for the county and locals. And that refinery is an eyesore.

    Who knows? It might also trigger development on the east side as well...

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tom and Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    My back yard pool
    Posts
    337
    Have any of you people gone down there and looked at the site of this resort? ? ? ? ? Yes, it's near Baby Beach, but that's all it's near. If this ever gets built it will have to be 100% self contained on the grounds of the resort. It's way off the beaten path and not close to anything. There is no public transportation and it's too far away from anything to walk to. . . . As far as the "red light district" moving, don't even think about it. Who is going to buy out all the bars and rehab all the buildings? ? ? ? This whole idea is a pipe dream of someone who really has no idea what is involved in a major project like this down there. . . . Look at it logically, other than Baby Beach and a great view of the old refinery, there is nothing down there to draw people to stay there. . . . This is pretty much at the end of the island with no way to get there other then by car. . . . Not much to draw people to San Nicolas either. . . .

    Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

  3. #23
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Have any of you people gone down there and looked at the site of this resort? ? ? ? ? Yes, it's near Baby Beach, but that's all it's near. If this ever gets built it will have to be 100% self contained on the grounds of the resort. It's way off the beaten path and not close to anything. There is no public transportation and it's too far away from anything to walk to. . . . As far as the "red light district" moving, don't even think about it. Who is going to buy out all the bars and rehab all the buildings? ? ? ? This whole idea is a pipe dream of someone who really has no idea what is involved in a major project like this down there. . . . Look at it logically, other than Baby Beach and a great view of the old refinery, there is nothing down there to draw people to stay there. . . . This is pretty much at the end of the island with no way to get there other then by car. . . . Not much to draw people to San Nicolas either. . . .

    Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)
    This type of resort will cater to the same people who like to go to the mega AI resorts on other islands like DR and Jamaica. IMHO, it would be a waste in Aruba to stay at this type of self contained resort but it could draw in people who like that kind of thing and would otherwise choose a different island for that reason. I could see us doing add on nights at the end of a trip, but a whole week could get boring.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  4. #24
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    Have any of you people gone down there and looked at the site of this resort? ? ? ? ? Yes, it's near Baby Beach, but that's all it's near. If this ever gets built it will have to be 100% self contained on the grounds of the resort. It's way off the beaten path and not close to anything. There is no public transportation and it's too far away from anything to walk to. . . . As far as the "red light district" moving, don't even think about it. Who is going to buy out all the bars and rehab all the buildings? ? ? ? This whole idea is a pipe dream of someone who really has no idea what is involved in a major project like this down there. . . . Look at it logically, other than Baby Beach and a great view of the old refinery, there is nothing down there to draw people to stay there. . . . This is pretty much at the end of the island with no way to get there other then by car. . . . Not much to draw people to San Nicolas either. . . .

    Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)
    Yes, I've been down there multiple times.

    Hotel shuttles, taxis, extending public transit... these aren't barriers to development... and I'll bet there are government incentives to develop the property and associated infrastructure (roads, communications, etc.)

    I'm sure, at a minimum, the resort developer is looking at building a casino, multiple bars and restaurants, a spa, pools. I'll even venture that "all-inclusive" is being examined. There's a lot of space down there to develop and expand.

    This wouldn't be the first country that has a stand-alone resort. Disney in Florida isn't easily walked to. Cuba all-inclusive? Costa Del Sol? Dubai sprung up on a sand dune! The coast of California between SFO and LA? A lot of people want to get away from the busy city centers. Desert island appeals to a good chunk of the masses.

    And, as always, the beach and the weather are unbeatable.

    When you consider that the average tourist spends seven (7) days in Aruba, the possibility of remaining solely in that location isn't too much of a stretch.

    And people WILL rent cars to get around and parking will be really accessible down there.

    And it'll employ locals in the short (construction) and long-term (resort in operation)... something the dead refinery isn't doing.

  5. #25
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    If you build it, they will come. That being said, we have been going to Baby Beach for 16 years and there are still no public restrooms even though they did some work on the parking lot. There are some restrooms out behind some bushes run for profit by a guy that sits out there smoking weed. Big Mamas is the first and only restaurant on the beach and it has only been there 2 years. Same for the beach lounge franchise. Only been there a couple years. Maybe more things will happen faster if a hotel is built there but I wouldn't hold my breath.

  6. #26
    Senior Member kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Age
    53
    Posts
    990
    I took a fast trip to Aruba last week and went to dive at BB. The new parking and cement drives are a big plus. That really looks nice!!! Jads is also making a big restaurant at the dive center. That will really be big!!!!

    Is the new resort a go or just a maybe?
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

  7. #27
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    my understanding is that it is a go.
    resort adjacent to baby beach ?-10685380_735551846536149_791689651065145730_n.jpg

    there was an important signing today re: this project!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

    anyone translate this Facebook link posting?

    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I took a fast trip to Aruba last week and went to dive at BB. The new parking and cement drives are a big plus. That really looks nice!!! Jads is also making a big restaurant at the dive center. That will really be big!!!!

    Is the new resort a go or just a maybe?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-16-2014 at 10:51 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    128
    So where exactly is the resort going tone in comparison to Baby Beach? Is it closer to the old lighthouse or to the refinery?
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

  9. #29
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    i am thinking if you are standing on baby beach, with the ocean to your back.........the resort will be to your front and right........set back a few hundred yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    So where exactly is the resort going tone in comparison to Baby Beach? Is it closer to the old lighthouse or to the refinery?

  10. #30
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,898
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...f16bc410824ff4

    click the link
    see the road with the words Baby Beach on it twice?

    i was told that the resort would be located in the area of the 2nd Baby Beach words.

    i am still wondering if that will involve the pet cemetery?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO