Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: resort adjacent to baby beach ?

It has been a while since I have been on this BB. I was born and raised in Aruba; my Dad worked for Lago. I own timeshares at Playa Linda and return to "The Rock" as we call it every year. Trips back to the Colony have been interesting and some what depressing over the years. From my point of view, a resort in the area of Baby Lagoon, Baby Beach as all of you know it, is not what some of us want to see but that is called progress; changes happen. Along with the resort much infrastructure will have to be constructed. Does Aruba have enough labor for this or does this mean more construction workers will need to be brought in? The history of what occurred during the early 1940s is evident if you have ever been on Colorado Point. The watch tower, bunkers and what is left of the bases of the gun turrets; so much history there that I do not want to think of any of it ever being destroyed. You remember December 7, 1941; Pearl Harbor, but those us on the island on February 16, 1942 remember the Germans attacking the island. A day we shall never forget and those memories are still embedded very deeply in us. I hope each and every one of you enjoy your trips to "The Rock" and that you will return and grow to love this piece of paradise as I do.

1556.26 miles from Aruba
    There was some road construction going next to Baby Beach in August. They were all brick sized designer pavers, so something might be developing around ther

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234