Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

riptide danger on palm,eagle beaches???

are there any regular riptide or undertow dangers in palm beach eagle beach areas mid march? how about baby or rodger beaches? Ive had a bad experience in the past but I cant stay away from the beach. Any info will be appreciated...

Never in Aruba the water is almost always calm,go in and get wet you will not want to get out.ARUBA.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nothing that we are familiar with here in the States. However, I have experienced times when you can be pulled out a little. Also have seen some very ruff surf where you could not even go into the water. But that is a rare occasion.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We had some serious problems at arashi beach last year, april 2007. The undertow was so bad we almost couldn't get my daughter in. We went out floating in tubes, and almost lost her. Very scarey. Don't know what its like now.

Well it all depends on the conditions you encounter that day. I love to go to Eagle beach. Sometimes its really calm but other times it has a strong undertow. At Eagle and the Palm Beach it gets deep quickly so I don't suggest you to go out very far. Be careful because the conditions change every day. Enjoy the beaches and Aruba!

The waters at Palm Beach are generally quite calm. The drop off would be more of a concern than any undertow.

drop off???

thanks for all the replies. How deep does it get?5 ft 15 ft. how soon?10 ft in 50 ft in? how deep it gets is what is meant by "drop off" right? thanks again

Aound the playa linda area, my guess is about 3 1/2 - 4 feet deep out about 15-20 feet. It is pertty gradual after the inital entry into the water, which will have a "step" down about a foot soon after entering the water. Not familiar with the rest of palm, and our experiences are mostly in october. May be different other times of the year.

For the most part Aruba has a Longshore current (meaning the current travels parallel to the shoreline). The exception would be toward the north and south ends of the Island IE Baby Beach and Arashi. Riptides need specific bottom topography to exsist, and along Eagle beach and Palm beach these conditions are not present. FYI Riptides are fairly narrow in width. If you find yourself in a Riptide the best way to get out of it is to stay calm and swim across the current until you are clear of it, then turn toward shore. Swimming directly against the current is a far more difficult method of reaching shore.