Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

rob o duty free question

hi rob,
    we will be leaving for aruba this sat on your favorite airline AA. haha. the flight leaves at 5:45 am out of Boston.
    will the duty free store be open? where is the duty free store in the airport? will they box up a few bottles for carry on?
    thanks
    diane

I am not certain what time they open. In April, I shopped there right around 7:00AM. After checking in and going through security, it was just to the right, but only 50 feet or so from security. Again, it is after security. Our gate and the food court was to the left.

You need to show boarding pass when you buy. They take your purchase to the gate when people are boarding. You carry it on. I had 5 liters, no problem.

Before we went, I was able to find a number and verify times of operation using the Massport web site. You need to tell them Terminal B, American Airlines. There is another Duty Free before the check-in, not sure you can use it if you're flying American.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I am not certain what time they open. In April, I shopped there right around 7:00AM. After checking in and going through security, it was just to the right, but only 50 feet or so from security. Again, it is after security. Our gate and the food court was to the left.

You need to show boarding pass when you buy. They take your purchase to the gate when people are boarding. You carry it on. I had 5 liters, no problem.

Before we went, I was able to find a number and verify times of operation using the Massport web site. You need to tell them Terminal B, American Airlines. There is another Duty Free before the check-in, not sure you can use it if you're flying American.
    I called their phone number 1-617-567-6914. They are near Gate 27 and are open 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Remember...this is for American Airlines direct flights only. If you change within the states en route, I think you need to buy at the transfer airport.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com