Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Robbery

Robbery

This is a article from a facebook posting today.

Last night while walking on the beach path from the Marriott to the Ritz, my husband and I were ROBBED at GUNPOINT by two young guys, one in a hoody. The kid literally told us he would shoot us and pointed the gun in our faces...It happened on the little bridge just before the firepit at the Ritz. I know they chose this area because it's very dark and in between the properties. They probably also assumed we had money and were staying at these properties, which we weren't. We ...were just going for a walk. Luckily we stayed calm and they got away with my phone and just over a hundred dollars cash. I immediately ran screaming into the Ritz and they promptly called the police, who came immeditately and took a full report; we are still dealing with the aftermath of this. My phone is a black Google Nexus 4 with a clear case and some cracks on the back. If you turn it on it has a pic of my dog, a German Shepherd. If they couldn't unlock it, they may have thrown it on the beach. If you find it or if you see two brownish guys (not black, not white), about 5'6" tall, pretty slender who speak English with an accent and wearing more clothes than normal for this area and acting suspicious, please call the police right away. But more importantly, do not walk through that area without several people or a lot of light and keep an eye out that noone is following you. I know they strategized this because I saw them acting weird at the Marriott before we got on the trail. This island is not as safe as everyone says it is. If that can happen on Ritz property at 9 pm, it can happen here anywhere.

Aruba since 1979
    can u post the FB link please?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we were robbed but it was just snatching my bag off the beach while we were in the ocean, not up close & personal. And at least our robbers were kind enough to leave the keys to the car in the car after they checked it out. they just got an old kindle, $2 and a rental phone. I don't know what I'd do if there was a gun pointed in my face. I'm glad you are alright. It makes you stop & think. I know these things can happen anywhere but we are so conditioned to think these things don't happen in Aruba. But they do. I think people have blinders on when it comes to Aruba because you really only read about the good, not the bad. When you go to other islands, you know about their problems so you are more aware.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    that FB group is a closed group
    i am a member and am reading all of the comments.

yikes

This is not good. There are plenty of security cameras in that area. Hopefully the police can obtain the videos and at least circulate photos of the two suspects so that everyone is made aware.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    OMG this is very upsetting. I've heard of theft on the island but never at gunpoint. Hope they find the guys and bring them to justice.

Very sad; I usually let my guard down while on the island.... if somebody stops and talks with us I will talk too.
    Will not let a few bad apples spoil my special time.

Here is the link to the group page. It may come up in "top activity" order so resort to "most recent"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10293020854/

I am sad. This could happen anywhere but it happened at my home away from home. I am getting remarried on the beach 20 feet from where this happened. I am not scared for my safety just angry! I have one of my best friends and his wife coming down...I now don't know if I should be telling my wife and friends about this and potentially freaking them out. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast