Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rolling stuff/ Packing

Aruba since 1979

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I've seen this, I've tried it but it doesn't work. I think its ok for guys but not women. we need purses and more than one pair of shoes and alot more than guys, lol. I use a duffle style carry on, use my travel space bags and manage. But you know, each time you go to Aruba, at least for me, I pack less & less and stay longer. You really learn with each trip what you really don't need to take.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I've seen this, I've tried it but it doesn't work. I think its ok for guys but not women. we need purses and more than one pair of shoes and alot more than guys, lol. I use a duffle style carry on, use my travel space bags and manage. But you know, each time you go to Aruba, at least for me, I pack less & less and stay longer. You really learn with each trip what you really don't need to take.
    Agree. Toothbrush and a smile. And a big wad of cash!!

Aruba since 1979
    http://elsewhere.nine.com.au/2016/05...itcase-packing

interesting!
    obviously not packing for aruba.
    but, aruba clothing would take less space...right?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    It's not okay for guys either, unless all you need are swim trunks and tank tops. You can't roll a dress shirt or slacks without them needing ironing when you unpack. I've tried rolling but it doesn't work for me. Space bags work much better.

I just have to share a funny story:

I was concerned about getting the clothing and accessories (flowers, etc.) for our vow renewal to Aruba without mussing them up to badly. So I bought a new orange hard-sided suitcase just for those items. Then I used our two large black suitcases to pack the rest of the items for our family of five. So those two were pretty heavy. The orange one only had my dress for the ceremony, my girls' sundresses, hubby's shirt and shorts, and the flower bouquets.

It was funny watching the luggage progress through each airport and be loaded. The baggage people would pick up bags with gusto to heave them onto the belt, into the cart, etc. and every time they'd grab the orange one they'd nearly put it into orbit because they were expecting to have to heft it and it was so light. LOL. One of the shuttle drivers laughed and said, "Someone packed REALLY light!"

I can never pack like that. But when we cruise and I want some clothes wash/fold... I can manage to pack/roll clothes into one sack so tightly then in return I will get back 3 same size sacks... lol

That's exactly what we pack. Roll everything...

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It's not okay for guys either, unless all you need are swim trunks and tank tops. You can't roll a dress shirt or slacks without them needing ironing when you unpack. I've tried rolling but it doesn't work for me. Space bags work much better.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

What's ironing??

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    What's ironing??
    I'm not sure, but folks sometimes tell me my clothes need it after a day of travel in a suitcase...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast