Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Rona Coster = RIU and Zika thoughts

While I don't agree with Zika being called a hoax I do believe that people are overreacting to it. I would never not go to Aruba because of Zika. First of all in our 8 trips we have never been bitten by a mosquito. In fact we haven't even brought bug spray with us which we will do this year. By the time summer comes along I am sure that Zika will be here in the US and we will all have to be vigilant here at home( we do tend to get bit occasionally at home). We worry more about Lyme disease here at home as we know the devastating and lifelong affects - we check for ticks on our pets and ourselves daily when the weather turns warm and we use spray with deet for this. So I would not skip a honeymoon or a babymoon due to Zika but I would take precautions- don't go out at dawn/dusk and use bug spray.
    Last edited by Jayshea; 03-10-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I think the reaction to Zika is for those of child bearing ages. For the rest of us, it would be like the flu. But if I was pregnant or planning to be pregnant, I would stay far away until I knew what the facts were. Because in a situation where a child could be born with a defect, hindsight would become a very dangerous moot point.

Gaby, I am with you. The risks are not worth the rewards, IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123