• 1 Post By angelone
  • 1 Post By Lewny1
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: From Rona "Walk in Clinic @ the Cove"

Aruba since 1979

From Rona "Walk in Clinic @ the Cove"

Dr. Beke moved to the new Walk In Clinic at the Cove, on Palm beach

One of Aruba’s most popular house-doctors just opened a walk-in clinic on Palm Beach, at the Cove, next to Tony Roma’s.
    The space is friendly and includes two nicely appointed examination rooms, an office with two administrative assistants, and a narrow waiting room, though there is very little waiting involved, just drop in and the doctor will see you.
    The good doctor managed a successful family practice at Sun Plaza for many years, until she reached the official retirement age of the national health insurer, AZV. They retired her, but she refused to stay put. She has invaluable experience in pediatrics and gynecology, among other medical specialties, and she loves her patients, her profession, her island, her kids, grandkids, doggies, orchids, and friends, and she intends to stay active and helpful for many more years.
    So bring her anything that aches you, and she will fix it, with her calm, cool, and collected bed-side manners and with her keen, observant eye.
    In addition to seeing walk-in patients in her new clinic the doctor also services the island’s hotels. She has been Aruba’s hotel doctor for a few decades, and will visit patients in their hotel rooms for a consultation anytime.
    While I was there I also noticed some of the doctor’s loyal local patients, who followed her to her new digs, forgoing the privilege of free medical care, and paying for her time, admitting their stress level drops immediately, upon seeing her.
    “Some of my regular patients just come here to talk,” she says, “I love to be helpful in that way.”
    L.G. Beke-Martinez, M.D. Family Physician, md.lilibeke@gmail.com, +297 588 0539 / + 297 594 0539
    The doctor’s office is adjacent to a modern pharmacy and a well-stocked drugstore, affiliated with Botica di Servicio pharmacies

I think this is a beautiful human being. She will truly be an asset to this clinic. She has a love of medicine. Thank you for sharing Andrea.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks Andrea, that is great to know. The Cove is that new place that just was built, right? As we get older, these are important highlights to know, lol.

Thanks Andrea, I really appreciate the info never know when you are going to need a Doctor. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Excellent information. Thank you for sharing.

Aruba since 1979
    i have met this doctor 2x a a couple of social functions and she is a very nice person.

i hope this walk in is successful!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    A great asset to have a doctor (especially one that is well-known) in walking distance of the high rise hotels and a short drive/taxi ride from the low rise.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 06-01-2017 at 02:37 AM.