Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rona's words! (particular attention to no pedestrian cross walks)

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Here is a map showing the construction going on at L.G. Smith Blvd and roundabout Sasaki, starting tomorrow March 1, 2018.

The map shows as well the detours.

http://www.noticiacla.com/news/12134

This is the email hubby received today. I did post it in the other thread that I started.
    Dear Owners
    Please be informed starting tomorrow March 1st. the main road from the roundabout to Oceania to Superfood will be closed for 3 months, the Government will start with the construction of the roundabout in Superfood as a part of the Watty Vos Corridor.
    Attach you will find a picture with the alternatives roads. Please inform your renters.
    There was a picture-pdf that is too large to load.

Traffic around our condo will be insane, crossing the street to the beach and my morning walks(which I was planning on going back tomorrow) treacherous.

The map: Rona's words!   (particular attention to no pedestrian cross walks)-sasaki.jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sasaki.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	6700
    And some description in English, page 7:

https://issuu.com/arubatoday/docs/atd28feb2018

From today’s owners meeting at LaCabana:..
    these changes are all part of the Linear Park Project that was discussed in previous meetings. The beach will be expanded to include a bike lane and walkway, probably where the southbound lane is currently. The southbound lane will be moved to the middle, alleviating the landscaping. But there definitely WILL be the same pedestrian crossings. No worries.

Construction on the round-about by Superfood is scheduled to start tomorrow. Expected to take 3 months. Joe advised that many options for pedestrian crossings had been discussed, but nothing had been confirmed yet. One option was to go past the round-about, cross the street north, then cross the main road, then back across the street, South to Superfood. They think this may be feasible if they slow traffic with speed bumps
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i think that RONA should have been more clear.
    imo her typed words, it made many of us (me included) think that the no crosswalks would be on Irausquin Blvd.
    when i contacted my acquaintance at lacabana i read her Rona's words.
    she reiterated that the LaCabana was very upset about the crossing situation.
    she was talking about the area at SuperFood , NOT on Irausquin (the beach road in front of the resorts Eagle Beach)

so, when I posted that LaCabana was upset at the lack of crossing solutions.......i thought it was about Irausquin, but it was about Smith Blvd, Roundabout and Superfoods area.

i was not the only one given misinformation.

but i apologize for passing it on. mea culpa for passing on misinformation.

Aruba since 1979
    yup
    when i spoke to lacabana management they said yes, but they thought i was asking them about Smith blvd. (i was asking about that road between eagle beach and those hotels.) and they expressed concerns re: crosswalks/crossway for pedestestrians. they thought i was talking about smith blvd and i thought they were talking about irausquin. argh
    but the good news is we will all have crosswalks to get to the beach

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I verified with management at Amsterdam Manor a few days ago that, yes, it IS the road between Eagle Beach and the hotels that they are talking about.

I looked at the video on youtube and it looks like their will be a median, but it was just a rendering. I'm glad to hear the crosswalks will be there a walkway and the bike lane. A walkway is really needed. So many people walk/run in the morning and not having to do it on the street or in sand will be nice. It'll walking to dinner, rather than driving easier to do(can drink more that way lol). IMO a safe walkway will be a huge advantage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234