Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mr. Ratt, did they have the new shuttles and the marked "stops" the last time you were at the Tam?
    We noticed a big difference in wait times and number of people waiting in June.
    All improvements for the better!

Hey Lisa....

They had in fact just put the shuttle stops in, and were trying very hard to get the idea across to the people. To put it politely, the,
    uh, intelligent amongst the herd got the idea, the others simply didn't. I'm happy to hear that there is some improvement, and perhaps by the next time I get to wander in paradise, everyone will get the hint.

The common courtesies don't cost anyone anything, and in Aruba, everyone and everything is on Arubatime, which means, why hurry?
    As I said previously, there's another one in a few minutes, sit back, relax, enjoy the breezes... and while you're sitting at the front of the Tamarijn, if in the early evening, look up and watch for the bats flying and wheeling around above your head.... very cool.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment, JenniferR, more often than not it's because of the proliferation of happy hours and the happy folk that abuse them, that can be the cause of what must be an unintentional lack of courtesy.
    (was that diplomatic or what?)

Glad to hear everything's on the upswing in our little piece of heaven...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We noticed a big difference in wait times and number of people waiting in June.
    I should have added the Tamarijn was sold out; also with overflow all inclusive guests staying at the Dutch Village and Divi Village as well.

I will let you know how we make out in December. Over Christmas the Tam will surely be sold out. Hopefully no one will try to run over my 96 yo grandmother to get to the shuttle before her.

...Thanks for the offer, RobO, but I'll pass.

Spring break, in any place, attracts... well, people you'd probably rather not have hanging out near you on the beach, for whatever reason.

Much like the oft-bemoaned students from a particular province here in the chilly north that populate large areas of Mexico and Florida, seemingly all at once... causing WAY too many people to think that everyone in Canada smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and has a "haccent"... decidedly french.
    Uh,
    we don't.

Personally, we're not too crazy about crowds anymore, so spring break is a real taboo for both my Lady and I.
    A plane is bad enough, a plane full of, well, you know.... I'd rather shoot myself.

At any rate, we all, as citizens of this here planet really ought to treat each other a little nicer, no matter where we're from.

It makes for a much more enjoyable time for everyone.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Banned
    I'm simply not going to weigh in on this issue, I tend to be the 500 LB gorilla in the room.
    \
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    I look at this thread title and think of a certain big city in the US....want to guess?

They drive me crazy when our school vacation weeks coincide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    ...Thanks for the offer, RobO, but I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    I'm simply not going to weigh in on this issue, I tend to be the 500 LB gorilla in the room.
    \
    You folks are too smart....question withdrawn.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

WOW!!! Just returned from our 7 night stay at the Divi All-Inclusive. It was awsome!!! We loved the Divi. Can't wait to go back again. The Bunker Bar at the Tam was awsome! So beautiful. Personally we liked the beach at the divi the best. Much nicer than the beach at the Tam and way better than Palm beach. That's our personal opinion.
    The only rude behavior we came across was the people who felt that they didn't have to return snorkeling gear once they signed it out. It took us 3 days before we could get the gear. I went down each morning at 9:00am like you are supposed to and they had no gear. The guys at the watersports center said they called people's room etc...but no answer. We understood it was not their fault but very frustrating if you wanted to snorkel.
    I know this isn't the trip report thread but I just wanted to say that we can't say enough good things about the divi/tam. We felt very comfortable and safe there. Met some great people and the workers work their butts off and are very nice. Why did we only book 7 nights? We'll be back to the divi ASAP.
    Oh....one night while walking back from the Tam we completely lucked out and got to witness the sea turtles hatching and making their way to the Caribbean. Awsome thing to see.
    Baby Beach for snorkeling was fantastic. Much better than the sites Jolly Pirates takes you to but that was fun too with the rope swing etc...
    Driving the jeep to the Natural Pool was quite an experience. Breathtaking scenery that's for sure. Wave Runners and tubing was great. The sunset sail was just okay. We wouldn't do that again. We only had a 15 minute rain shower the entire week and that was our first day. The weather was incredible. Hot but with the stiff wind it was great. Guessing low 90's every day. Actually the wind at the divi and Tam beaches is not that bad. Must be blocked by the buildings etc... Past the Bunker bar is another story. The wind seemed stronger there. You didn't want to come out of the water (and we didn't) Bring lots and lots of sunscreen with you. Way more than you think you might need. Trust me on that one. You will not want to purchase sunscreen when you get there. Very expensive. The beach at the Tam was okay. Not a lot of sand but once you got to the water it was great. Sunsets at the Bunker bar were great with drinks in hand. We only ate at Paparazzi and Red Parrot. We like the Red Parrot. We were supposed to try the Asian one and Palm grill but we ended up not going to them because we didn't want to cut our day short from the beach etc... should have made reservations for later in the evening plus the buffet worked out best for us with our fussy children and it didn't matter to me where we ate because my wife and I are not fussy. The food was fine. It worked for us.
    Anyway's we already miss Aruba and can't wait to go back. And we WILL go back to the Divi All-Inclusive. It's affordable and beautiful there. WOW!!!
    I took over 300 pictures but don't know how to post them here. If I figure it out I'll post a few if anybody is interested in seeing them.

Cheers!

Great to hear you had a good time. Would love to see your photos...

Albums and Pictures

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

How do I upload pictures?
    Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345