Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Running routes

Running routes

Any tips where is good to go for a run? We are staying at Palma real palm beach and have tried a few different routes but everywhere is so uneven it's harsh on my knees (lots of surgery so need pretty even ground) I usually run to the marriott and back but after 25 days doing the same route I can't face another 14 days of it. Only doing 5k a day as I've never ever ran in my life in fact I bought my first ever pair of trainers here in September.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I'm not a runner and could not comment on the routes but I'm a "googler" and found the following:

Aruba Running Routes - Page 1 of 2

http://www.walkjogrun.net/running-routes/Aruba/

Thank you why couldn't I find any on Google. I'm not a runner either I'm more of a moaner and a grumper I think my hubby would agree with that

Aruba since 1979
    how about the linear park walkway?

CK1
    You are welcome!

I have been staying in the Palm Beach area as well and met some people who would go on early morning runs around the Salinas. (I'm not an early bird either! LOL) Others would run to the California Lighthouse. But I believe it was on the paved street which is hard on the joints and knees.

Anyway, if you choose to try out some of the routes on the link, it would be exciting to hear back what your experience was. Have fun!

Thank you blooming heck the lighthouse that's a looooong way for me had a full on tantrum today when we followed a route sign posted hotels (I assumed it meant the high rise so thought that's ok up past mcds and past barney's and I'll be home) it was eagle beach at the point when I saw the riu in the distance I literally threw myself on the floor and refused to go any further - my poor husband just grins and bears it for five minutes then I run again lol, mind you that was because it was going dark and I'd insisted on a 'short cut' which ended up taking us through a housing area with no lights maybe that's why I ran lol.

CK1
    You surely get around! LOL

Do you have a rental car in case you decide to discover a certain area by running? Another option might be the bus. Here is a map with the area you are staying and the bus stations nearby:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/aw/palm...-beach.en.html

You could also talk to the people at your hotel. They might not run but go for walks in that area and could maybe recommend a nice route. Just a thought.

Running in Aruba <--note the comment regarding DOGS