• 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 1 Post By brady bear
  • 2 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 2 Post By danadog56
  • 1 Post By moneytalks

Thread: A sad, but bittersweet story

Aruba since 1979

A sad, but bittersweet story

This story broke my heart when I read about it months ago, to read it now I balled like a baby. After composing myself I thanked god for everything I have, and with tears in my eyes I went to kiss my son and my wife as they slept. The tears are flowing again... God bless people like George willing to give their own live to save a complete stranger. God bless all the police officers who lost their lives as well- what on earth is this world coming to.

WOW... an amazing true hero. His unborn child can tell everyone "my dad" risked his life to save "my life."
    Just don't understand the crime/hate this world is coming too. That's is why I like Aruba so much. You didn't hear or see any of this.
    Wish I could just pack up and live there. .. ( I forgot to mention while at bingo I met a local lady who was telling me about a place to eat... she tells us that she would even take us there and her husband could pick us up to take us back.. decline at the time, but here I wouldn't take candy from a stranger.)

When it happened, this story was all over the news. I'm glad, at least, his wife could find some level of peace when scattering his ashes.

Aruba since 1979
    i had never heard the story til i read about it yesterday.

a number of years ago, we had a question about the legalities of ash scattering and to the best of my knowledge never found out correct information.

i guess that i will keep this in the "general" category but it teeters on the "off topic"

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    When it happened, this story was all over the news. I'm glad, at least, his wife could find some level of peace when scattering his ashes.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    This had to be a very hard but at the same time beautiful thing to be able to do on her husband's behalf. I do remember this story, so sad it seems like after one tragic event in the news the one before is forgotten. What a beautiful heart shaped shell, an amazing find at a time for this to happen for her. I do believe in "signs" from loved ones, I believe this was a sign from her husband.

wow...what a story...I am still crying !! Renews your faith in human nature to hear a story about someone so selfless that they would risk their life to save another.
    He is in Heaven...and deservedly so.
    Prayers to his family.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

This happened close to home and rocked all of our communities. A few of the seniors at our school did a fundraiser at graduation time and donated money to his school for the scholarship fund in his name. A true hero, who was, by all reports, a great educator and a wonderful human being.