Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Safe Walking from the Surf Club to Palm Beach attractions

Safe Walking from the Surf Club to Palm Beach attractions

My husband HATES that walkway. With the Aqua permanently stalled that walkway is not well lit and always seems to have non-tourist vehicles parked on it and non-tourists walking on it. I am not more nervous because of the robbery because those people had a plan and went after big money but that newspaper article talking about the concerns of foreign crime make me think my husband might not be so crazy tone concerned.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

I know exactly what you mean. I too have been thinking about some of the places we walk at night. The walkway from DePalm Pier next to the Radisson gives me the same feeling as the area you are talking about. One thing we have done when staying at the Surf is to walk through Holiday Inn and on the beach back to the Surf. There seems to be more people out there with Moomba right there. The robbery doesn't scare me, but it has made me think about how we can take precautions and stay aware of our surroundings.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 10-27-2015 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Bad spelling
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Good Points. The walkway to Bugaloe at night had me concerned the first time I went. Especially when you have to come back out to use the bathroom.

I'm not crazy about walking on the road to the Divi Phoenix - it's quite dark there too.

Aruba since 1979
    Hello canadianvisitor. Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hello canadianvisitor. Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

I never thought much about dePalm but I am sure I will be next week. Now that I think about it there are a lot of areas near the beach at night that are dark and unpopulated. I thought my husband was also nuts last year when he wouldn't walk from the Surf Club to windsurfing beach at night and made us turn around before we got to the Ritz but I think going forward I will do more walking during the day and less at night but even during the day I don't love the walkway to that mall because there are so many areas someone could hide if they wanted.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

We frequently walk around the Palm beach tourist area at night, enjoying the freedom and cooling trade winds, and always find an isolalated spot at sunset. Now we too will think more seriously about wandering in a more populated and well lit area. Sadly our second home is becoming more like our current home.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We should all always be aware of our surroundings. Sad that it takes a robbery to remember that sometimes.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

On our last trip I walked home from the Hilton to the Ritz several times with large sums of cash at 3am (I actually won) and was not concerned about my safety, maybe I should have been. My next trip I will probably not walk back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast