Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "sahara dust and wind"

Aruba since 1979

"sahara dust and wind"

terrific/great/splendifirous

the wind is fierce and the dust is quite noticeable as it gives the sky an almost hazy look.

at the resorts with umbrellas poolside and beachside: some are not able to have them up to

from www.meteo.aw

Saturday

due to the windy conditions and danger of umbrellas blowing

sorry for the weird typing (the ipad is nutty today)

Partly cloudy. High 32. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 8. Wind east around 25 kts, gusting to 42 kts. Sahara dust.
    Saturday night
    Partly cloudy. A slight chance of rain after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 23 kts, gusting to 37 kts. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation less than 2 mm. Sahara dust.
    Sunday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 12. Wind east around 25 kts, gusting to 39 kts. Sahara dust.
    Sunday night
    Partly cloudy. A slight chance of rain after midnight. Low 27. Wind east around 23 kts, gusting to 37 kts. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation less than 2 mm. Sahara dust.
    Monday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 8. Wind east around 25 kts, gusting to 39 kts. Sahara dust.
    Monday night
    Tuesday
    Partly cloudy. High 32. Heat index up to 36. UV index up to 8. Wind east around 25 kts, gusting to 39 kts. Sahara dust.
    Tuesday night

Thanks for the weather report Andrea. We thought yesterday's winds were crazy. It doesn't seem as fierce this morning

winds in april were strong, loved it...

I thought you were writing haiku!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We had 60mph here last night in OK and a few tornados on the other side of the state. Ill take 25kpm on Aruba instead.

Sahara dust, as I understand it, it the reason that the sun sometimes disappears before hitting the horizon at sunset, even on cloudless days.

Arriving Wednesday at 1PM! hoping the winds isn't as strong, I want to spend time on the beach.

Liza you'll still be able to enjoy the beach. Winds are a little calmer this morning. Yesterday I was able to get in for a swim. We've spent most of our days under a palapa.

Any word on the winds settling down soon? Arriving on the 18th and kinds worried about it...getting sandblasted doesn't sound fun

Okay, I wasn't losing it then. When were we there the previous week I felt like if you attached a string to me I could of been in the
    kite flying contest.
    But still love it and missing it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast