Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: San Nic 44 aka Dan Putowski

Aruba since 1979

San Nic 44 aka Dan Putowski

Does anyone know if Dan still visits Aruba (does he still have his place in Savenetta?)

He has not posted in a long time AND his FB page has no mention of Aruba lately (except a condolence posting about a death of an Aruban friend)
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Does anyone know if Dan still visits Aruba (does he still have his place in Savenetta?)

He has not posted in a long time AND his FB page has no mention of Aruba lately (except a condolence posting about a death of an Aruban friend)
    I asked about him when we were in Charlie's Bar last Feb. The bartender told us that he sold his place in San Nic. and was concentrating on writing screenplays back home. I see him on fb every now and then. I sure miss his Aruba updates, especially "Doing Time with Dan."

Aruba since 1979
    thanks D!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

He's still keeping up his website somewhat, no new mention of Aruba though... https://bentpage.net/

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    That is so funny you posted this, I was just thinking about him last week wondering why he doesn't post anymore. Loved his videos.

Currently re-reading "An Island Away" for the 3rd time this year. I guess the screen writing is takeing up a lot of his time. Hopefully he should be back on the island and making new "Doing Time With Dan" videos.

MIA Dan, We miss your posts. Hope you are enjoying life. You sure gave us some great insight into the local bars and restaurants of Aruba. We met you here and there over the years and you were always a great Aruba Ambassador.
    Thanks so much,
    Sean and Susan

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    That is so funny you posted this, I was just thinking about him last week wondering why he doesn't post anymore. Loved his videos.
    Same here. I was thinking of him last week and missing his posts here.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Same here. I was thinking of him last week and missing his posts here.
    I know what you mean, he always provided some additional information that only someone who spent a lot of time on the island( what many of us hope to do someday real soon) than the average visitor would not know. I used one of his videos to give directions to my relatives while they were on Aruba via What's App. My aunt was surprised at how I knew how to find this one particular restaurant as I had never been there. I'm sure once the screenplay is done he will be back, really hoping for him to write another novel set on Aruba.

Dan had posted last week about the passing of Frankie, from Island Away fame. Sad day for San nicholas. Does this qualify for a RIP thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast