Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 4 Post By vallond
  • 1 Post By Animal Rescuer

Thread: San Nicolas Carubbian Festival - Worth It?

San Nicolas Carubbian Festival - Worth It?

Read a bit about the Carubbian Festival held in San Nicolas each Thursday evening. My girlfriend and I will actually be flying in on Thursday afternoon and staying in the Eagle Beach area. Will have a rental car but noticed it's a 45-minute trip (one way) to get down there. We're not averse to driving (I live in the country where the closest store is 15 miles away) and wouldn't let travel time get in the way of a good time. On the other hand, we may forgo it if it's not that big of a deal and do something a bit closer. Would love to hear from those that have attended the Thursday night festival.

Aruba since 1979
    yes, imo it is worth it.
    there are street performers and vendors and lots of food.

my guess though is if you arrive mid afternoon, check in to your resort/accomodations.........then have dinner..........you might be kind of tired.

san nic is about 30 min away without traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Rescuer View Post
    Read a bit about the Carubbian Festival held in San Nicolas each Thursday evening. My girlfriend and I will actually be flying in on Thursday afternoon and staying in the Eagle Beach area. Will have a rental car but noticed it's a 45-minute trip (one way) to get down there. We're not averse to driving (I live in the country where the closest store is 15 miles away) and wouldn't let travel time get in the way of a good time. On the other hand, we may forgo it if it's not that big of a deal and do something a bit closer. Would love to hear from those that have attended the Thursday night festival.

Aruba since 1979
    addendum

is the carubbian festival still an event?
    i read on one of the sites that there had been a hiatus.

Thanks Andrea...I did see that on one website they mentioned that "The festival is currently not taking place until after the end of 2017 Carnival Season, start date is still to be determined (April 2017)" but I was thinking that they'd started it back up by now but just hadn't updated the website.

https://www.visitaruba.com/things-to...bian-festival/

They normally have a break in the Carubbian Festival in San Nicholas to facilitate Carnival activities and events. So by now the Festival should be back up and running. Like Andrea said, depending on the time you arrive on Aruba, clear immigration, baggage claim, customs, pick up your rental car, get to to your hotel and check in, you're both going to be quite tired. If you really want to go, you could make a booking for the festival through your hotel and they will have a shuttle van take you there and bring you back. As an alternative you can also check out the Bon-Bini Festival which takes place on Tuesday evenings at Fort Zoutman in Oranjestad. There is also a similar type of event that takes place at the mall across from the hotels in the Palm Beach Area on Monday nights.

If you can't make the Carubbian Festival this trip, don't sweat it, you can always save it for another visit. Remember you don't want to experience everything all at once. Save some stuff for future trips.

Thanks for the info...seeing that we're coming in on Thursday (arriving at 1:55pm) we 'may' be up to it but might also just feel like having a great dinner and walking the beach at sunset. Sadly, we're heading out on Monday afternoon so we won't be able to take advantage of the other opportunities mentioned but...as vallond suggested...can always save it for a future trip.