Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: saving for trips

Love the transfer of the extra cash into the vacation fund each week after the expenses are paid. The past couple of years we did real small gifts and exchanged gift cards to different restaurants we would like to take the other to...makes date night cheap, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have an account that is set aside for of our trips, as well as our boat related expenses. We have a weekly direct deposit going into the account every week. After a trip is booked and paid for from that account, I determine how much we will likely spend and divide by the number of weeks we have to save the spending money. For example, we need $1000, spread over 10 weeks, we just throw $100 a week in the account. We also have an account that is basically our spending money for day to day expenses each week. At the end of the week, whatever is left gets transferred to our vacation fund.

We do not exchange birthday, anniversary, or Christmas gifts. We decided early on just to share experiences instead, and it has worked out for us. Our summer vacay is usually around Jon's birthday and our Aruba trips lately have either been our anniversary or my birthday.

We don’t put anything aside for our trips to the island. It has become our second home and we treat it as such. Currently the condo is paying for itself with some added income. We usually fly for free with our reward points and we eat locally because we enjoy the experience. It also can be very reasonable. For now things are working out well for us. We’ll enjoy the ride for as long as long as our health prevails.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Our summer vacay is usually around Jon's birthday and our Aruba trips lately have either been our anniversary or my birthday.
    Uh... You win.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Uh... You win.
    He could win too if he would stop picking SC over Aruba...lol. He only likes Aruba when it's cold here.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We don’t put anything aside for our trips to the island. It has become our second home and we treat it as such. Currently the condo is paying for itself with some added income. We usually fly for free with our reward points and we eat locally because we enjoy the experience. It also can be very reasonable. For now things are working out well for us. We’ll enjoy the ride for as long as long as our health prevails.
    This brings up another good point. We put everything we can pay without a fee on a credit card that gives travel rewards. Phone & cable bills, groceries, gas, restaurants, insurances, everything we can goes on a card and gets paid off every month.

I try to set aside a certain amount from my salary every month, somewhere between $900.00 to $1,500.00TT($132.00 to $220.00 US) per month. The bulk of that would go to spending money and airfare, lately as my mother and step-father are looking to give up their Time Share with Interval I'm going to have to factor in accommodations in their somewhere. There is an envelope in the same travel pouch with my passport where I stash my cash. It's also where I keep all my florins from previous trips. I also have a couple jars of coins that I can take to the bank to convert into cash, hopefully that will add something to my travel funds.

This brings up another good point. We put everything we can pay without a fee on a credit card that gives travel rewards. Phone & cable bills, groceries, gas, restaurants, insurances, everything we can goes on a card and gets paid off every month.
    That's the way yo do it. The CC company's hate people like us.'

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    they certainly do hate us!

everything (as tracey listed) goes on the card and gets paid off.

even though my new health insurance has increase by 80%, that too will help with the travel rewards as i will be able to "card it"

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We do the same with airline CC: points add up fast and pay off in full each month as well.

We do the old 5 gallon water bottle for spare change thing. We've done this for years and the kids also contribute found change to the vacation bottle. The rest comes from tax refund. Maintenance fees & airfare are put on a CC and paid off as we can. There really is no vacation fund or saving to speak of!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast