Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Erin

A second natural bridge??

Hello all!

My finace and I will be going to Aruba in late May and we are so so excited! Somewhere in my many many hours of research I came across something that mentioned a second, less spectacular, natural bridge on the island. Of course now, I haven't been able to find that info again. Does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks so much, and if anyone has any other tips on must sees, I'm happy to take them!

Rob

Re: A second natural bridge??

From the original natural bridge just drive along the coast in the direction of the California lighthouse and you'll find the other bridge. I'll guess 2-3 miles , it's pretty easy to find. Since the other bridge fell , I looked at this second one closely last December and I could see numerous cracks. It too will fall someday , so no more standing on or under natural bridges for me.

Gary

There are actually seven other bridges on the island. It depends how adventous you want to be in finding them. The easiest to see is the one right next to the collapsed one, and the other is about a quarter mile or so past the Gold Ruins.

Erin

Thanks!

Thanks for the info from all. I knoew about the second bridge next to the collapsed one, but had remembered hearing of another-but seven, WOW! That sounds like a scavenger hunt. Is there a website or book that you know of that describes where all seven are? I would really enjoy trying to find them all if time allows!

Thanks everyone!

frank

How do you find these hidden gems?
    When in a 4x4, do you just drive parellel to the coast and take your chances?

Any ino on how to find these would be appreciated...

Frank

Gary

I can tell you how to get all of them, however, you do need a true 4 wheel drive. I always use a Jeep Wrangler. These "paths" are 10 times worse then the road to the Natural pool. Starting past the Goldmine ruins will be your first one, the next is at the Natural Bridge, (as previously mentioned), from there is where it gets tricky. As you get to the last descent on the paved road where the sihn says "welcome to the natural bridge" you will see a path that goes of to the right, it meanders back and forth up over the hill and you get a great shot of the Original natural bridge from up there. From there is where it gets hairy, you go down the hill and get to a sandy road, there is an old burned out car here, follow the road and you will come to an awesome beach, (can't remember the name right now, but the locals bodysurf there often), you then will continue past the beach and up a VERY Steep hill, you feel like you going to flip over backwards going up it, make sure you are in 4 low, from there is the first bridge, a few hundred more feet is several others, continue on the path and you will also find a small black sand beach with a little fishing hut sitting on it. Up and down several more hills and you will find the rest of the bridges, Many of these are small, but impressive. Continue on and you will see a no trespassing sign with some sand dunes, this is the original road to the natural pool that they closed of in 1998 or 1999. You will also see an old horse ranch there as well. Continue up ober the hill and you will connect to the road that now goes to the Natural pool. Don't try this in the late afternoon, or you will have the sun in your face the whole ride back, and you need to see where you are going, or you might not make it out. (at least not in the vehicle anyways) Good Luck!!!!

Erin

Gary...Thanks so so so much for the awesome information! It must have taken a bit of energy to write that all out and I totally appreciate it! I am going to really try to make it to all of the bridges. I'm definitely gonna rent a Jeep for this trek-I emailed Jansen car rental off of numerous good reviews, but have yet to get a response-anyone have any ideas for another good company??

Thanks to all!

Mick

They are blah!!

Gary

For jeep wranglers, I have always used more 4 less. They only rent wranglers at at a decent price. Usually about 315.00 for the week. Trust me, it's worth the extra money if your going to go on this trek. I have had many people try to follow me with Suzuki jimni's, Chevy trackers, etc... and either they have gotten stuck, bottomed out badly, and I have even seen rocker panels and bumpers ripped totally off by the rocks. I usually get a tow chain from one of my friends on the island to help these poor people out. God help them when they try to return the vehicle to the rental company. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

arubagoer

We used to go to these places on ATV, just stay by the water,starting from the Light House, and you will see alot of other interesting places,that you have never heared of.But, be prepared to the very rough road....make sure, it is not going to rain that day,because during the rain, it is dangerous to drive on the clay, and plus water, and mud slides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast