Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A second natural bridge??

Great instructions! I can remember as a kid that we walked into the caves at the very point of the island under the "Gun Batteries " at Seroe Colorado. We called it "Seru Cora" which amounts to the same thing = 'red-hill. This area is so named because of the red dust and rocks in that general area.
    Anyway - we would go to the very end and climb into a cavern (of sorts ) where there was a small natural span or "bridge". The walls shone and moved with the crabs that covered it. Thousands of them crawling on the walls and our hands and not a single bite. - The water would come into the cavern through a passage below and bubble up to a certain level and then suck itself back down with the wave movement. The crabs moved with the waves and it glorious to me the illusion of the walls moving up and down with the wave motion.

Looking back, I can see how we pressed our luck by going into that cavern just to see a small natural bridge, yet it was an adventure that needed to be had. One of those destiny things that can't be changed and only looked back on with full knowledge that luck was on your side in those days. If I recoall correctly, I smoked my first cigarette in that wet cavern. PALL MALL.

If the Mississipee had Mark Twain and Huckleberry Finn then that wet dank Aruba cave with crab-moving-walls had us and others that went there.

About 20 years ago, I went to that same cavern with my eldest son and showed him where "His Dad" had adventured. We crawled out all scratched and wet and sat on the rocks looking at the very dark blue ocean. He never looked at me but just at the sea. The red soil and rocks of Seru Cora in the background. He said "I uderstand".
    "What" I asked. And looking at the ocean he said "Why mom calls you crazy". I kept silent realizing she was a wise lady.

The North Coast and its' natural bridges can be as nice to look at as they are dangerous. If you are going to check them out and temptation gets' the best of you, don't think so much about the PHOTO OP, but think about the safety issues surrounding getting to close to Mama Nature. Sometimes - she bites, even if the crabs don't.

For more natural bridges info go to this website:

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I have made it to the Natural pool and taken the road beyond the natural bridge three times now - all in Suziki's. I am truly amazed we never fell off the mountain at a few places. I may take your advice however and not push my luck too much in trying to find the other bridge.
    We have been all over the "other side" as I call it coming down from Baby Beach as well as travelling as far as my courage (and kidneys) allow. There is nothing more fun in this world then putting the top down (yes i run the AC at the sametime) and driving aimlessley along the barren coastline stopping to take a dip or find many treasures (shells, rocks awesome pictures, caves, cliffs etc etc) along the way.
    We are headed back on the 19th for NINETEEN days and we are pumped!!

Everthing is so pritty down there and it's not ugly.........

Any Aruba beach...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I can tell you how to get all of them, however, you do need a true 4 wheel drive. I always use a Jeep Wrangler. These "paths" are 10 times worse then the road to the Natural pool. Starting past the Goldmine ruins will be your first one, the next is at the Natural Bridge, (as previously mentioned), from there is where it gets tricky. As you get to the last descent on the paved road where the sihn says "welcome to the natural bridge" you will see a path that goes of to the right, it meanders back and forth up over the hill and you get a great shot of the Original natural bridge from up there. From there is where it gets hairy, you go down the hill and get to a sandy road, there is an old burned out car here, follow the road and you will come to an awesome beach, (can't remember the name right now, but the locals bodysurf there often), you then will continue past the beach and up a VERY Steep hill, you feel like you going to flip over backwards going up it, make sure you are in 4 low, from there is the first bridge, a few hundred more feet is several others, continue on the path and you will also find a small black sand beach with a little fishing hut sitting on it. Up and down several more hills and you will find the rest of the bridges, Many of these are small, but impressive. Continue on and you will see a no trespassing sign with some sand dunes, this is the original road to the natural pool that they closed of in 1998 or 1999. You will also see an old horse ranch there as well. Continue up over the hill and you will connect to the road that now goes to the Natural pool. Don't try this in the late afternoon, or you will have the sun in your face the whole ride back, and you need to see where you are going, or you might not make it out. (at least not in the vehicle anyways) Good Luck!!!!
    Okay, this route past the Natural Bridge has intrigued me forever and a day. If Gary is not still around, is anyone familiar with this area and know how he by-passed the sand dunes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12