Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sewer Odor By Low Rise

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    A local government agency in GIS..Sent you a message

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    At the Divi it is probably a pump station with a wet well full of sewage, not a septic tank. The wet well should be vented with a carbon guess is that it is not. I would love to have the opportunity to help the Aruba government with this......I've been in the wastewater business since 1975 (don't laugh, it pays the bills).

As for the wastewater treatment plant, there is no reason for a wastewater treatment plant to smell if it is designed and operated properly. Sometimes, the plants are poorly designed and there is little the operators can do. Sometimes, the designs are too sophisticated and the operators can't really run them correctly. My professional opinion is that the existing plant is ill designed and needs an upgrade. I've designed and built over a billion dollars worth of these facilities in my lifetime (actually around $1,200,000,000 worth). I would LOVE to work for Aruba to resolve the would be my dream job
    Got a septic cleaning truck here that has on the side "Smells like money to me."

Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Probably no problems getting a Palapa on the smelly days.
    Back to Aruba in

Any Aruba beach...
    Is the odor coming from the hotel or is the odor coming from the sewage plant?

Aruba since 1979
    you must have missed the posting lisa
    the infrequent stench in the area of lacabana and amsterdam manor is from the SEWERAGE TREATMENT facility located on a side road perpendicular east of Amsterdam Manor.

there is sometimes a smell in the divi village and links from a wet sewer that sometimes is might not be properly filtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Sewerage treatment facility

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123