Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shade at Palm Beach?

Hi there. I am heading to Aruba in April and am not staying at a resort hotel, but a small place near Palm Beach. Would anyone be able to give me advice on how to get a shady spot at the beach? From what I have read, it seems like only the resorts offer the shade huts, is this the case? I appreciate any info or advice you could share. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    if you bring a lounge chair to the palm beach area near the holiday inn there is tons of shade under the palms right there on the beach

andrea

You can rent chairs and a hut from Sandra @ Marcels watersports for approx. 10.00 each or just chair for 5.00, she is located on Palm beach in between Occid. and Hyatt, also infront of Moomba beach are two vendors one who rents chairs for 5 and there are several trees for shade or u can rent a double lounger w/cover next door @ Hadicurari for 10.00 This area is located in between Holiday Inn and Marriot Hotels

Thanks! I will be going the second week in April and expect it to be crowded. Will it be necessary to get there early in the morning to get one of these shady spots? Are the spaces under the trees owned by the hotels or are they for use by the general public? Any info is helpful as I've never been and am really looking forward to going!

Aruba since 1979
    typically the beaches at "palm beach" are ore crowded as the width of the beach is not hugely wide.
    these are guesstimates.....but in front of the holiday in/playa linda and marritoot and Moombas area the beach is probably 75 yds in width. compare to eagle beach's 150 yrds in width.

grab yourself a $15 sand chair at one of the local hardware stores or your hotel may provide one............park yourself in the palms at holiday inn or if you are looking for a wider beach where the water is sometimes a bit more wavy than palm beach, try eagle beach in front of lacabana plenty of shade there too.

wherever you park yourself remember the beaches are free and public only the chairs and shade huts are privately owned

watch for falling coconuts.

Andrea,
    We are staying at the Surf Club and do not like crowded beaches. Approx. how far would the travel be to Eagle beach? Is it walkable or really far?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Andrea,
    We are staying at the Surf Club and do not like crowded beaches. Approx. how far would the travel be to Eagle beach? Is it walkable or really far?
    Eagle Beach is a far walk. And after The Westin there are no sidwalks. Aprox. 8 min. drive.

Thanks Liz !

The surf Club beach is fairly crowded but if you sit in front of hadicurari it is not. You can also rent chairs from Moomba, which is not crowded. However, if you don't mind sitting at the beach but not right by the ocean, you are fine. We found that the space at the back part of the beach was not that crowded.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We'll being hanging out at the Vela Windsurfing Center. What's the beach like there, anyone know? Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast