Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 3 Post By ricky59

Thread: Sharing Aruba with others, then getting jealous...

Sharing Aruba with others, then getting jealous...

I love sharing Aruba. I love bringing newbies to Aruba with us. It is one of my favorite things on the island - really seeing everything thru new eyes.

I've introduced my parents, my brother & his wife (they got engaged underwater at Baby Beach), my sisters in law & nieces, many friends over the years. Encouraged friends to get married on the island and we had 50 friends & their family join us that year! Awesome stuff.

BUT, then they fall in love and I get jealous! My sisters in law fell in love with Aruba and planned a business meeting there next week and here I sit in my cold office completely jealous that they are getting ready to head to the airport to MY favorite place in the whole world!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    I hear ya!!
    the green monster of envy is always lurking in my mind.
    Sometimes while sitting at home and wishing others a safe and fun trip I am silently sulking that I wish it were me.

Even now on island i am seething that I cannot be here at Christmas.
    How ridiculous is that??!!??!!

We are here with first timers, and I enjoy seeing things from their perspective. I am not sure if they are in love yet, but I know they like it. Does anyone else ever feel pressure to make them love it as much as you do?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I understand, mentioned many times the number of family members that follow our family
    every june. 50-70.

those family members have opened the secret with their family and friends!!!
    other day stalking my sons facebook, can't believe the people raving about aruba..
    believe me, many started from our family, they'll never admit that!!

hey, in this area that's my place, haha. but seriously I still get jealous!!

My niece & her boyfriend met us in Aruba from Germany last August. I made mention of how many of our family & friends had been engaged or married or re-married on the island (thinking that he was getting ready to propose) and he basically said it was ok, but he's not sure he would come back unless it was to meet us there. I was SO offended!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

forgot to mention, few tidbits.

became friends with kent gerber, arubabob snorkeling, before arubabob existed. my buddy..

same with, scott and leslie, scotts brats 3rd day of their opening . not bragging, but my plates were one of the first... great friends...

zeerover long before it exploded from this board.

palm beach, before the ritz, marriotts, riu, the phoenix and all the shopping plazas and traffic.

when couples dressed for dinner and everyone took a taxi for dining out..

well think that's enough, many reading this must think i'm insane...

love the island, as many on this forum understand....

Jacki, your niece must drop her boyfriend immediately! Aruba is just "OK"? Hmmph.