Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

shark teeth hill

read on for directions

tom from this forum recently went to shark teeth hill
    tom showed us his "finds"
    our new friend is taking us there this morning to see if we can find some treasures.

i had never heard of the place
    and these are the directions that tom and pam worked real hard on putting together.

Shark Tooth Hill directions and observations:
    Take the road opposite the Radisson heading inland. You will pass “Wendy’s” and the Valero Station next to “Linda’s”. Stay on this road and follow the sign for ‘Calbas’. You will see a police station on the left and a church on the right at the intersection. Stay straight on this road till you see another sign for ‘Calbas” pointing to the left. Turn left (careful. It’s on a curve) and keep going. You will pass a large playground on your right with a large blue roof. Keep going till you see a sign pointing left for ‘Seroe Crystal’. Turn left, you will pass “Bambu Restaurant on your left. You come to a sign for the ‘Natural Bridge’ and left for ‘Seroe Crystal’. Turn left onto the dirt road and stay right at the fork. Left points to a gold mine. Not sure about that. ( Tried the road and could not get more than 200 feet in the car. ) The road you want is a little beat up but passable for a car. You will come to a gate across the road with “No Trespassing” signs. Go thru the gate and look for a small white building on the left. The office for the gravel yard. Watch for equipment moving around. Ask for permission to go up the hill. I told the man there that I had tried to get to the gold mine and wanted to try the top of the hill for pictures and just looking over the area. He agreed and off I went. Go up the road right in front of you. Take a left at the top of the small hill. Then take the first left (about 100 ft) and go slow. You will come to a point where 4 roads come together. Stop here or you will go over the edge into the gravel pit (about 200 ft in front of you).
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-30-2015 at 11:11 AM.

As noted, it is on private property so you need permission to be there.

OK., a "dumb(?)" question: "By showing you his finds; what finds are at "Sharks Tooth Hill?" Just curious. I hope there will not be a stampede though.

Aruba since 1979
    We asked permission of the owner, got it and proceeded.
    Cerry was driving and we got probably 40 teeth!!
    The place is a working gravel pit.

But oh boy an archaeological find!
    the sharks teeth are fossilized.

please pm me your eamail address if you want to see photos!

imo a 4 wheel drive vehicle is necessary

andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Andrea, thanks for the interesting info. The pictures were great. Loved the one of Paul in particular....cindyo
    P.S. the weather stinks here. The freaking snow came all day sunday and we were out twice with the snowblower.We must have 12-14 inches. The neighbors musta loved us as rob and I went out 6:30 am and turned it on...hey, had to go to work...

Is this site visible on Google Earth or any other satellite images? Going to aruba in December and would like to find this place. Have a pretty good map. Closest marked landmark is Seroe Crystal.

Bob

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to ask cerry croes to reply to this thread

he is the one that brought us there.
    we did follow the directions that i posted on this thread.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by openwater View Post
    Is this site visible on Google Earth or any other satellite images? Going to aruba in December and would like to find this place. Have a pretty good map. Closest marked landmark is Seroe Crystal.

Bob

Aruba since 1979
    i tried a google earth search and am "lost".
    i traced our route on the google earth but get sort of botched up about 2 mi8les in.
    :-(