Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: shooting of bouncer????

I agree and understand your sentiment. I have to question what the vacated tourist is suppose to do, when it seems like the infrastructure as a whole, wants to keep these type of crimes as well as others to themselves, protecting the tourism industry that keeps them afloat. Word will get out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So this happened a week ago? You know, I want to appreciate everyone trying to insulate me from the everyday occurrences on the island. Unfortunately I can't. I think I would like to know about this kind of thing especially if I was on the island at the time it happens. And as far as "freaking me out", please let me decide if that is the response I choose with regards to the information. If it's a fact, tell me please. Just the way I feel, I don't mean to step on any toes.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well that sounds like here. I use to get frustrated. we'd have defendants with rap sheets so long you could wallpaper your living room & they'd get a slap on the wrist.

its not just Aruba but unfortunately Aruba is small and depends on tourists as their bread & butter. that is not the case here in the states. so their problem is more serious because if they don't get it in check, people will go elsewhere, that's just a fact.

He was a friend with my son, joey.
    Worked at Gusto and the mill.. nice kid..

I've said it for years, the youth of the island idolize american thugs, it's sickening...

Many of the young locals don't want to work in hotels, they usually start as contractors,
    being paid just over 5.00 an hour. can't blame them.

A contract employee by law, has to be offered full time after 9 months.
    they never get hired!!!!!!

In the early years of the expansion of aruba, that generation of youth wanted those hotel jobs.
    that's not the same mindset today, with all the different cultures on the island, beginning
    to have major ramifications, theft, drug addiction, illegals and on and on..

Just for the record, many at the mill after hour club are americans

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    He was a friend with my son, joey.
    Worked at Gusto and the mill.. nice kid..

I've said it for years, the youth of the island idolize american thugs, it's sickening...

Many of the young locals don't want to work in hotels, they usually start as contractors,
    being paid just over 5.00 an hour. can't blame them.

A contract employee by law, has to be offered full time after 9 months.
    they never get hired!!!!!!

In the early years of the expansion of aruba, that generation of youth wanted those hotel jobs.
    that's not the same mindset today, with all the different cultures on the island, beginning
    to have major ramifications, theft, drug addiction, illegals and on and on..
    It's sad if he grew up in Aruba. In my mind it's still a little paradise.

I wished he would just be a punk. But he crossed the line an committed some serious crimes by killing and seriously wounding people. The bouncer he killed was a nice young kid.

Thanks for the explanation. I wished there were a solution for the young people who are at risk going down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post

Unfortunately it's the same here in America. There are many kids who idolize the wrong people - whether they be actors, sports stars, politicians or just the plain ol thugs
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Here is a photo of the victim: Aldwin Dabian

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/michela...aldwin-dabian/

And the article from Diario dated 8 December 2015:

http://www.diario.aw/2015/12/michela...di-olde-molen/

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    59 more murders before 12/31 and they will have caught up with Tulsa's 2014 number. 2015 was on pace to be higher in July. Don't know what it is now.
    That Rona is a corker.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    59 more murders before 12/31 and they will have caught up with Tulsa's 2014 number. 2015 was on pace to be higher in July. Don't know what it is now.
    That Rona is a corker.
    Maybe the statistic for 2015 are not available right now. But I found a neat website where someone can type in the city and state they live in, then click on "Crime Rate" and the numbers of murders, rapes, robberies and assault will show up:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ok/tulsa/crime/

In the area where I live there have been:

6 murders
    112 rapes
    172 robberies
    503 assaults

My chance of becoming a victim in my area is 1 in 173

Really sad to hear about the shooting and loss of life of a young person on Aruba. I don't understand how someone who committed murder only had to serve five years? When he should still be in prison for another twenty years. Law enforcement on the island really needs to clamp down on criminals, maybe set up road blocks into and out of San Nicholas to find Yellow, or conduct a sweep through the area. I remember someone once telling me that the murder rate on Aruba has always been low, that fatalities from vehicular accidents far outweigh murder rates. Either way, something needs to be done quickly before the tourism trade is affected.

As for the young people of the island becoming enthralled with the American lifestyle that they see on tv, movies and in music videos; someone needs to sit them down and tell them that, "It's all make believe!" That if they really want to attain or achieve the finer things in life that they will have to work for it, that anything worth earning does not happen overnight. They also need to understand the importance of tourism to their island and why lawlessness can lead to declining numbers. Fingers crossed!!

As for Rhona, she does not mince words!! I always look forward to her articles. Hard to believe that she is from Israel and not New Jersey or Queens NY.
    Last edited by vallond; 12-16-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast