Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I stay, or should I go...

Disappointing end to a relationship two days before Aruba and our trip to the Marriott Surf Club on 6/9. First class airfare American both ways, Ocean Front suite ... vacant and wasted. Shame on me again, so I'll give you what would have been my trip report:

When I go to Aruba - it is (was) all about the pool, whatever dollars I have for bingo at 1 PM, chatting with terrific people at the Marriott facilities, walking that stretch of beach, and enjoying the people. Getting away from work...and enjoying the fact that my phone usually

Saturday: Madame Janette. My old friend Job would have taken care of us. Great guy. Please say hello...

Sunday: Passions @ 6:30 - front row -

Monday: Anna Maria - Chris Saponara...he and Anna proud of great food

Tuesday: Packing a picnic sunset dinner - with two bottles - I'm taking Shafer Hillside Select...at a specially arranged Lighthouse location...with a bottle of Lost Symphony as dessert

Wednesday: Papiamento - old friend Eduardo Ellis and his family make sitting next to the pool special beyond belief. Grilled, fresh beef and shrimp.

Thursday: Pinchos. Great sunset and worth the trip down.

Friday: I was thinking of just doing a romantic grilled cheese for two...no frills, no flair, with a bottle of wine, watching the sunset

I know where should be placed, but I will not negatively place it. I'm thinking of still going on my own...solo. And making the best of it. Her loss...

You should take the trip and use the time to relax and reflect. My daughter's fiancee just told her he doesn't want to get married and we are trying to talk her into joining us on our annual trip in July so she also can relax and reflect.

Hang in there and enjoy the trip.

Aruba since 1979
    go
    relax
    enjoy
    regroup

i am sorry to hear of the situation.

:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by frzummo87 View Post
    You should take the trip and use the time to relax and reflect. My daughter's fiancee just told her he doesn't want to get married and we are trying to talk her into joining us on our annual trip in July so she also can relax and reflect.

Hang in there and enjoy the trip.

I too am sorry that this has happened. Just know as much as I know you do not want to hear it now, EVERYTHING in life happens for a reason.

As the others have said, go anyway, is there a friend or maybe your parent(s) who would like to accompany you? There will be plenty of people to keep you busy at the Surf Club. If all else fails, it is a great place for people watching.

Would you rather be sad at home or in Aruba

I know just you feel. Just went thru a divorce after completing our island house. I have the house and will be moving full time in September with Stanley and we will enjoy our new life on the island. By all means, go and enjoy the island. You are right, her loss.

Sorry to hear but move on and who knows what will happen. . . Best wishes and hang in there. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Take the trip... At least you'll be away from everything for a few days. Sometimes that's enough to turn your brain off and relax.

I could not agree with the "Forum Members" more. Of course, we all are sorry about the situation, but there are so many nice and interesting people you will meet that it will be a nice respite from this situation.

So, of course, "Go!" have a good time; meet people and, as they all say, it is "Her loss."

Take a friend and go!

Balashi Therapy, which includes lots of sun, surf, sand and water in a place far from home, should do the trick.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    So sorry to read about your situation. . . I agree with everyone else. Go to Aruba and let the island help start your healing process. All my best to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast